Windows 10: LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD)

Discus and support LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ahoy good people, I have recently began playing with Windows Configuration Designer. Made my first .ppkg to Hide OOBE and mute Cortana and this works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrBr1ghtsid3, Jan 2, 2020.

1. LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD)

Ahoy good people,

I have recently began playing with Windows Configuration Designer.

Made my first .ppkg to Hide OOBE and mute Cortana and this works beautifully on most every machine I reset, save for Lenovo's.

Machines that come directly from Lenovo or have been factory reset using Lenovo's proprietary recovery tool, return the following error when I try and hide OOBE:

Provisioning Failure / error code 0x800700b7

followed by

OOBEPROVISIONINGENTRY

Has anyone stumbled upon this problem previously? If not, how can one go about 'troubleshooting'? I'm currently looking into Lenovo's recovery package, but any experienced input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch, in advance!

:)

MrBr1ghtsid3, Jan 2, 2020

2. LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD)

Ahoy good people,

I have recently began playing with Windows Configuration Designer.

Made my first .ppkg to Hide OOBE and mute Cortana and this works beautifully on most every machine I reset, save for Lenovo's.

Machines that come directly from Lenovo or have been factory reset using Lenovo's proprietary recovery tool, return the following error when I try and hide OOBE:

Provisioning Failure / error code 0x800700b7

followed by

OOBEPROVISIONINGENTRY

Has anyone stumbled upon this problem previously? If not, how can one go about 'troubleshooting'? I'm currently looking into Lenovo's recovery package, but any experienced input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch, in advance!

MrBr1ghtsid3, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml

Hey sorry for late reply but I have the same problem and I'm not so practice about WCD.
    Can you please tell me step by step what options you selected in WCD in order to create the package?

Thank you so much

Nalfeindevir, Jan 2, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD)

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD) [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD)

1. LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't Allow for OOBE hide (WCD) - Similar Threads - LenovoThinkpad Image Doesn't

2. The APN for connection doesn't work with LTE made with WCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The APN for connection doesn't work with LTE made with WCD: I made a provisioning package for work with a SIM, I put the features, but this one it didn't work for create the APN for connection, and didn't recognize the LTE connection of the SIM. I can't find the option to create a provisioning ModemDMConfigProfile, this option works...
  3. The APN for connection doesn't work with LTE made with WCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The APN for connection doesn't work with LTE made with WCD: I made a provisioning package for work with a SIM, I put the features, but this one it didn't work for create the APN for connection, and didn't recognize the LTE connection of the SIM. I can't find the option to create a provisioning ModemDMConfigProfile, this option works...
  4. The APN for connection doesn't work with LTE made with WCD

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WCD won't finish.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WCD won't finish.: When installing a provision package from WCD the process quickly moves forward, but will not complete. I have given it ample time to finish however I have to end the process to move forward. Half the time I have to hard reboot the PC. When the initial configuration is...
  6. WCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WCD: What is Windows Configuration Designer tool ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wcd/327d2589-d0e1-4dd8-aa45-d5a09515aba5
  7. WCD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WCD: What is Windows Configuration Designer tool ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wcd/327d2589-d0e1-4dd8-aa45-d5a09515aba5
  8. WCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351