Windows 10: Less free space after running Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 10 1803)

Discus and support Less free space after running Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 10 1803) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, The Disk Cleanup utility says that I could recover about 3Gb of disk space after eliminating Windows Update leftovers. OK, let's go. But at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MainSoft, Nov 15, 2018.

1. MainSoft Win User

Less free space after running Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 10 1803)

Hi,

The Disk Cleanup utility says that I could recover about 3Gb of disk space after eliminating Windows Update leftovers. OK, let's go. But at the end of the process, I have actually lost about 500 Mb.

How comes ?

:)

MainSoft, Nov 15, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 15, 2018
  3. tigger Win User
    disk cleanup running randomly

I am running windows 8.1, the disk cleanup window for c keeps popping up, if i move the mouse towards it, it disappear. Is there something nasty on my machine causing this?

I have scanned with malwarebytes and cc cleaner but they find nothing.

Any ideas?

tigger

tigger, Nov 15, 2018
  4. theonedub Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

No its built into Windows, just open disk cleanup and select 'Clean up system Files' button on the bottom left- now you'll see previous installs of Windows listed under list of cleanable items. My old install is a whopping 25GB of my 256GB SSD.

theonedub, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Less free space after running Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 10 1803) - Similar Threads - Less free space

2. Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10: This instruction helps you clean up temporary and unnecessary system files on your Windows to free up space Step 1: Open disk clean up with Clean up system file enabled Step 2: Clean up System Restore and Shadow Copies Step 3: Clean up Temporary files Step 4: Check for...
  3. Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10

Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10: This instruction helps you clean up temporary and unnecessary system files on your Windows to free up space From the original post here: https://huntertran.com/2020/11/23/disk-cleanup-to-free-disk-space/ Step 1: Open disk clean up with Clean up system file enabled Type...
  4. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup utility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Disk Cleanup utility: Windows 10 Disk Cleanup utility gets stuck on cleaning thumbnails. There's about 10mb of thumbnails. When the cursor is moved onto any part of the Disk Cleanup window the window vanishes. The C-Drive has been scanned with the Properties/Tools/Error Checking/Check procedure...
  5. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  6. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  7. Disk Cleanup Not Freeing Space From Windows Updates

Disk Cleanup Not Freeing Space From Windows Updates: I'm trying to free up space running disk cleanup to remove downloaded updates. When I started cleaning I had 16 GB availible on my hard drive. Disk Cleanup found over 6.5 GB worth of Windows Updates. When Disk Cleanup finished running I checked my available space and it was...
  8. Free space reduced after drive repair and disk cleanup issues

Free space reduced after drive repair and disk cleanup issues: I've been having some issues with my disk constantly being 100% used by "system" after downloading and installing some windows updates, whenever I check in the task manager, I searched for solutions and found a number of methods including repairing my C drive. It was scanned...
  9. Disk cleanup selection in order to free space

Disk cleanup selection in order to free space: Hi I need to free space on my C: drive because right now I have only 27 GB of free space. I would like to know : 1) Do you recommend to select "compress your OS drive" in the Disk Cleanup in order to free space, and what are the consequences of doing that? 2) Is it safe...
  10. Disk cleanup clears much less space then claimed

Disk cleanup clears much less space then claimed: helo i ran a disk cleanup it said it could clean about 3gb(forget the exact amount) anywhy after completeting its only freed up about 200mb this has happened a few time before(with different figures) I know it says I may need to restart after but since it didn’t ask I didn’t...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why would there be less disk space after running disk cleanup

2. less space after running disk cleanup windows 10