Windows 10: Less GPU Memory than Default in games

Discus and support Less GPU Memory than Default in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have an AMD Radeon 530 with 2GB VRam.I wanted to play some games, and it got me thinking, why does games like Stray say I only have 1.7gb VRAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NovePetreski, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Less GPU Memory than Default in games

Hi! I have an AMD Radeon 530 with 2GB VRam.I wanted to play some games, and it got me thinking, why does games like Stray say I only have 1.7gb VRAM while I have 2gb? Any help is appreciated !Thanks!

:)

NovePetreski, Jul 28, 2022

2. Apps and games default memory

All apps and games installed in Lumia 520 are installed in my mobile's phone memory and not on the memory card.
    Is there anyway to move these apps and games from phone memory to the memory card and also set the memory card as the default location for future installation?

Vikrant7477, Jul 28, 2022
  3. PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue?

My PC continuously crashes after the GPU is strained, even if it's just a little bit. The issue can't be traced to overheating since my PC typically crashes around 50 degrees Celsius. It consistently crashes around a minute or two after booting up a game,
    problem is consistent between two different launchers that I've tried (Steam and GOG Galaxy) and whenever I ran Heaven benchmark the PC would crash in under a minute. I wasn't running any other application except for MSI Afterburner to monitor heat and memory
    usage, I've noticed that the memory usage would be high but that my PC would only crash if I had heaven benchmark open, but if I alt tabbed the PC wouldn't crash, I'm still not entirely certain if the issue can be traced back to my GPU or memory though.

I've tried upgrading my drivers for my GPU but that didn't seem to stop my PC from crashing whenever I ran a GPU intensive application. I'm struggling to identify what part of my PC is malfunctioning since I'm brand new to PCs and I really need assistance
    since I've been unsuccessful so far and nothing seems to work while things seem to be getting worse, please help, thanks.

Specs

• GPU: MSI Radeon RX570 OC Edition 4GB GDDR5
    • CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz
    • Memory: Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHz
    • 1T SSD
    • PSU: CX 550M
    • Motherboard: AsRock B450M

YurtMcCurt, Jul 28, 2022
  4. Less GPU Memory than Default in games

GPU Memory

Hello! I have a question, what is the difference between GPU Memory and Dedicated GPU Memory? Because In Dedicated GPU Memory it says 2.0GB and in GPU Memory it says 4.0GB

Do I have 4GB Video Ram or 2GB?

Thanks!

NovePetreski, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Less GPU Memory than Default in games

1. Less GPU Memory than Default in games - Similar Threads - Less GPU Memory

2. GPU appears to have less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU appears to have less memory than it should: Hello,So I've got an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.But, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB a few days ago. Might be because of a recent update?...
  3. GPU appears to have less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU appears to have less memory than it should: Hello,So I've got an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.But, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB a few days ago. Might be because of a recent update?...
  4. GPU appears to have less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should: Hello,I have an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.However, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB one or two days ago. Could it be because of a recent...
  6. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should: Hello,I have an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.However, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB one or two days ago. Could it be because of a recent...
  7. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Less GPU Memory than Default in games

Less GPU Memory than Default in games: Hi! I have an AMD Radeon 530 with 2GB VRam.I wanted to play some games, and it got me thinking, why does games like Stray say I only have 1.7gb VRAM while I have 2gb? Any help is appreciated !Thanks!...
  9. Games running for less than half the usual fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games running for less than half the usual fps: Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second...
  10. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming: OK, so about a month ago i brought dark souls 3 and around 5 minutes into playing the game, my monitor displayed the "No connection found screen" and my headset cut off all my sound. I was on discord at the time and the people in the call said i just disconnected without...