Windows 10: Lesser known but cool Microsoft Store apps for Windows PC

Discus and support Lesser known but cool Microsoft Store apps for Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]With the increasing popularity of Windows 11 and Windows 10 as computer OS, the number and quality of apps on the Microsoft Store has gone up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 17, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Lesser known but cool Microsoft Store apps for Windows PC

Lesser known but cool Microsoft Store apps for Windows PC less-known-microsoft-store-apps-1.jpg
    With the increasing popularity of Windows 11 and Windows 10 as computer OS, the number and quality of apps on the Microsoft Store has gone up significantly. If you are a Windows 11/10 user, you might be looking out for some apps that aim at increasing your efficiency at work or even helping you relax at […]

This article Lesser known but cool Microsoft Store apps for Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 17, 2022

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 17, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Jan 17, 2022
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Lesser known but cool Microsoft Store apps for Windows PC - Similar Threads - Lesser known cool

2. People app is not in the Microsoft Store or the PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    People app is not in the Microsoft Store or the PC: I've researched this for days but cannot find a solution but have tried multiple things. This is a fresh Win 10 install. I added the Mail & Calendar app from the Store and configured a few accounts. When I try to launch People from that app, I get the following error: "You'll...
  3. Very cool Microsoft, TIL!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very cool Microsoft, TIL!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cresnap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o3oehx/very_cool_microsoft_til/
  4. Lesser-known effect of path-length limitation in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lesser-known effect of path-length limitation in File Explorer in Windows 10: Occasionally users encounter an error when dealing with files saved in deep directory structures, due to a limit on the maximum length of a path including filename in File Explorer, which is effectively 259 characters excluding a requirednull terminator. I have seen the...
  5. Microsoft Store app in my PC is not working

Microsoft Store app in my PC is not working: I cannot uninstall the Microsoft Store app. Also, when its open always appears "Try that again. Page could not be loaded. Please try again later"....
  6. itunes from microsoft app store for pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itunes from microsoft app store for pc: I am logged into my microsoft account. I tried to download itunes for pc from app store. The download "button" shows enabled because the cursor switches to a hand; however, when I click on it, nothing happens. So, I selected the three vertical dots next to the download...
  7. Problem with the Microsoft Store/Xbox PC app

Problem with the Microsoft Store/Xbox PC app: I'll include both of these issues in one question as I believe both of these don't work because of one specific thing which I can't troubleshoot for some reason. My problem is - I cannot install games from the xbox game pass via microsoft store, the window just bricks the...
  8. Browsers that are lesser-known

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers that are lesser-known: What are some lesser known browsers that people should check out if they don't want to use any of the mainstream ones (Chrome, Firefox and Edge)? Please, recommend only browsers that are still maintained... because nobody wants to use discontinued programs, right? *Tongue My...
  9. Where the "WhatsApp for PC" app in the Microsoft Store

Where the "WhatsApp for PC" app in the Microsoft Store: Hi In the Microsoft Store, I can not find the "WhatsApp for PC" app for Windows 10. Why? Thanks Bye 8051
  10. Cool app MiniBin

Cool app MiniBin: Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it works nicely. I found this last night and saved the page for today. There is a little free program called MiniBin, you can install it and it puts a trash can in your tray. It will show empty when there is nothing in the recycle...