Windows 10: Let a program use a second dedicated gpu?

Discus and support Let a program use a second dedicated gpu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to let a program run on a second gpu to reduce the load on my main gpu while gaming, but I'm not sure how to do it. I know you can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EddoWagt, May 6, 2020.

1. Let a program use a second dedicated gpu?

Hello, I'm trying to let a program run on a second gpu to reduce the load on my main gpu while gaming, but I'm not sure how to do it. I know you can do this natively with an integrated gpu on a laptop with power saving settings, but that doesn't work for my desktop. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/EddoWagt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EddoWagt, May 6, 2020
  2. LA117 Win User

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, May 6, 2020
  3. System programs running in background on dedicated GPU.

I don't like that Microsoft Edge, Lock App, Startupmenu and other Windows programs are running in the background on my dedicated GPU. Even after "Ending Task" in the task manager, these system programs continue to run after a restart or when they have
    been closed. Why haven't you addressed this? I imagine that I'm not the only one who wants every spec of processing power from my GPU for gaming, and we don't care if these programs are using a miniscule amout of space. We want nothing running on our GPU's
    except the programs that we have started ourselves. Please explain???

MunthassemKhan, May 6, 2020
  4. JulianKik Win User

Let a program use a second dedicated gpu?

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

Let a program use a second dedicated gpu? 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Let a program use a second dedicated gpu?

1. Let a program use a second dedicated gpu? - Similar Threads - Let program second

2. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  3. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings: Hello,I open this question as I have a persistant problem of integrated GPU selected instead of the dedicated GPU when I play games on my Laptop :CPU : IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHzRAM : 16 GBIntegrated GPU : IntelR HD Graphics 630Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA...
  6. windows 10 do not use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 do not use dedicated gpu: hi i have problem my dedicated graphics card is not used it is only integrated it is also not shown in the graphics settings as a more powerful option it's like I didn't have any dedicated card in any way disconnected it can't be because I have a laptop thank you for any...
  7. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  8. applications does not use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    applications does not use dedicated gpu: Hi i'm using amd a8 quad core processor with R5 graphice in my laptop. When i play games windows does not use the dgpu its only uses igpu i also tried to change graphics settings to high performance but it show this [ATTACH]its only showing igpu where is my dgpu and in...
  9. System programs running in background on dedicated GPU.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System programs running in background on dedicated GPU.: I don't like that Microsoft Edge, Lock App, Startupmenu and other Windows programs are running in the background on my dedicated GPU. Even after "Ending Task" in the task manager, these system programs continue to run after a restart or when they have been closed. Why haven't...
  10. Cant use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use dedicated gpu: Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this [ATTACH] I had no clue what to do so I tied...