Windows 10: "Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key

Discus and support "Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it possible to configure "Let me set a different input method for each app window" via the Registry? Open control panel Switch to all items view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lolnothankyou, Aug 28, 2018.

1. "Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key

Is it possible to configure "Let me set a different input method for each app window" via the Registry?

:)

lolnothankyou, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

"Let me set a different input method for each..." becomes unchecked

Logics: Selecting different input method (language) for each application uses the language list, letting you to select from installed input languages separately for each app. By overriding the list you tell your system only to use that selected input language instead of a list of languages.

As Windows has been told to override the list, always use the selected language list instead, it does not need to be set separately for each app, therefore that selection is not needed because all apps are using the selected "override" language.

3. Kari Win User
    "Let me set a different input method for each..." becomes unchecked

You have an input language in Override for default input method selected. This naturally overrides all input language settings. To make it work as you'd want to you need to select Use language list instead of a specific language, then modify the language list making your preferred language first on the list.

"Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key [​IMG]

4. pierxiu Win User

"Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key

Can I have a different default input method from the display language

I am sorry for my late reply. First thank you for your detail explanation. I have managed to follow the instructions but what I really want is to have a English system but with Chinese Input as default input method. Right now I have to use CTRL+SPACE on each startup. It is not difficult but in long run it does create a little bit inconvenience.

In Windows 7 the input method and system language are separated and I would like to know if I can have similar behavior in Windows 10.

Thank you.

pierxiu, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

"Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key

1. "Let me set a different input method for each app window" registry key - Similar Threads - Let set different

2. Different input method in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different input method in Windows 11: Hello, recently I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and I noticed that there's no option in language settings "let me use different input method for each app window", which was in Windows 10 and personally for me it was more useful. Is there any way to activate this issue in...
  3. Different input method in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different input method in Windows 11: Hello, recently I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and I noticed that there's no option in language settings "let me use different input method for each app window", which was in Windows 10 and personally for me it was more useful. Is there any way to activate this issue in...
  4. Registry entry information for input method editor situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry information for input method editor situations: I'm trying to write an AutoHotKey script that has conditional logic based on when my selected keyboard language is Japanese. I've been using the script posted here to just test using AHK to obtain the current keyboard layout and return it in a dialog box, but it's behaving...
  5. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

Windows will not let me activate in the settings app: I recently had to unplug my GPU and plug it back in, and windows deactivated. I got the "activate windows" thing in the bottom right corner of my screen even though windows has been fine with my computer for at least 3 years. My biggest problem is that whenever I try to fix...
  6. How to set different input method which is different from the first language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different input method which is different from the first language: Hello, I am using windows 11. I installed two language: English and Chinese.I set my default language as English for my windows software are all English.But I always communicate with Chinese, so I hope after starting my computer, the default input method can be Chinese...
  7. How to set different input method which is different from the first language

How to set different input method which is different from the first language: Hello, I am using windows 11. I installed two language: English and Chinese.I set my default language as English for my windows software are all English.But I always communicate with Chinese, so I hope after starting my computer, the default input method can be Chinese...
  8. Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...: I just reset my Surface Pro 4, and sadly found out the April 2018 updates killed the language settings in control panel. I know this below topic gives an option to use PowerShell to modify language list, but it is not something I needed....
  9. Let me response different system language for each App.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Let me response different system language for each App.: Changing input method is good. but not good enough. Please let us change the system language for different app. It is unreasonable for us to reboot every time when opening a app in different language. I did have change the system language for non-Unicode application, but...
  10. "Let me set a different input method for each..." becomes unchecked

in Windows 10 Support
    "Let me set a different input method for each..." becomes unchecked: We have the "Let me set a different input method for each app window" option in the classic Control Panel: [img] I check it, but after some time it becomes unchecked. The last time it happened after a reboot. Is it a bug in Windows 10? Is there a workaround to fix...