Windows 10: Let me set active hours regardless of how long they are.

Discus and support Let me set active hours regardless of how long they are. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; it's not letting me manually change my active hours. there's the way-too-short default, and the starts-too-late 10 -23. I need a 9:00-23:00, minimum.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paige_K, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Paige_K Win User

Let me set active hours regardless of how long they are.

it's not letting me manually change my active hours. there's the way-too-short default, and the starts-too-late 10 -23. I need a 9:00-23:00, minimum.

how do I manually alter my active hours to my requirements.

:)

Paige_K, Mar 21, 2021

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Cabuj Win User
    "Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours"?!

Those who are criticizing posters about being unhappy with Windows features seem to be misrepresenting a poster's intent. It appears that posters are simply expressing a belief that Microsoft should have designed
    the feature better--not that they do not understand that they are stuck with the software they bought and agreed to.

How could Active Hours be designed better?

• What's the current design? It looks like Microsoft believes it might take up to 12 hours to accomplish an update, so requests that the user specify a period including 12 hour of non-Active Use.

• But the biggest fear appears to be that the restart might happen during truly important work, not that the update might possibly still be going on when the user returns to work. Such would be unfortunate but could be worked around, especially if it is
      only a possibility. I have endured some long updates: "Do not turn off the power ..." but it has never taken 12 hours. I am a Win10-Home user.

• A Better Design: That Active Hours only govern when the system shall not be restarted. In this case, a period as long as 23 hours would be allowable. If it takes 12 hours to update, so be it--but there is
      no way to prevent that as long as it truly takes MS 12 hours (sometimes). This seems to give Microsoft as much flexibility and the user as much protection as the current design. For example, my desired Active Hours are 10am-3am (17 hours). If I set my AH
      to 4am-3am (23 hours) I get the same protection as now; and Microsoft can restart at 3am and take 12 hours if needed.

• But if Microsoft, even today, not do its restart at any arbitrary time within the non-Active Hours, but only at the beginning of it, it would have the same effect as the proposal, and its actions would be very
      predictable. Since users are complaining about unexpected restarts, it appears that Microsoft must be choosing an arbitrary point outside of Active Hours. Is it?

Cabuj, Mar 21, 2021
  4. butchiej Win User

Active Hours

I want to turn off Active Hours in Windows Update, I don't want to change Active Hours because it's not updating on its own regardless of the hours I put in. Again: I wish to disable/turn off "Change Active Hours"

butchiej, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Let me set active hours regardless of how long they are. - Similar Threads - Let set active

2. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me activate in the settings app: I recently had to unplug my GPU and plug it back in, and windows deactivated. I got the "activate windows" thing in the bottom right corner of my screen even though windows has been fine with my computer for at least 3 years. My biggest problem is that whenever I try to fix...
  3. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not let me activate in the settings app: I recently had to unplug my GPU and plug it back in, and windows deactivated. I got the "activate windows" thing in the bottom right corner of my screen even though windows has been fine with my computer for at least 3 years. My biggest problem is that whenever I try to fix...
  4. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Not letting me activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not letting me activate windows.: I am using a legitimate version of windows 10 pro, and i have my product key. However, when i try and enter in my product key to activate windows its says to "try again when i am connected to the internet". The error code I got was: 0x80070002...
  6. Windows 10 won't let me reset my active hours.

Windows 10 won't let me reset my active hours.: I am trying to change the active hours settings in Windows 10. I can click on the setting and call up the list, select an hour for the start time or end time, indicate am or pm, and click the checkmark to finish, but the setting won't save. The new settings I input appear...
  7. Active Hours in "settings"

Active Hours in "settings": Hi, I'm trying to change my "active hours" in my Settings area, and when I put in the NEW ACTIVE Hours, it just keeps the old hours setting...How can I get it to keep the NEW active hours I want to change it to? I've clicked on the CHANGE command, but it just won't make the...
  8. Will setting Active Hours allow me to schedule a restart for 1903?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will setting Active Hours allow me to schedule a restart for 1903?: Hi, all. Tired of going round in circles with Microsoft Support on Twitter, so thought I'd ask here. My mother's laptop has been downloading the 1903 update, but I want to have control over when it installs. I can't set Active Hours, as she doesn't have a typical usage...
  9. Settings: Change active hours

Settings: Change active hours: W10 will not let me set end of active hours to more than 11pm same day. Trying for 6AM to 12am (midnight). Smithurmann Winchester Mass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-change-active-hours/af381423-ced8-41bb-93ce-4e5a0240435b
  10. Settings, Active Hours

Settings, Active Hours: My settings for Active Hours are from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, yet I get frequent updates between 9-10:00 AM, which logs me off without notice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-active-hours/84b7c0a6-d14a-4657-8285-c7e060d3599b