Windows 10: Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down

Discus and support Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi my daughter installed Office 365 on our home desktop but "Let my organization manage my device" was ticked. Subsequently settings are locked down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Idiotic computer savant, May 30, 2023.

1. Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down

Hi my daughter installed Office 365 on our home desktop but "Let my organization manage my device" was ticked. Subsequently settings are locked down and there are no accounts settings at all visible. This was done via her own Microsoft account run via her school although Windows was logged into my account at the time. I've gone through all of the usual procedures including re-enabling the local Administrator account, reinstalling the settings via powershell, resetting group policies and running SFC all to no avail. Logging in with the default Admin account or any other created account with Ad

:)

Idiotic computer savant, May 30, 2023
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, May 30, 2023
  3. Some settings are managed by your organization message on Lock Screen Settings and Google Chrome

My Google Chrome and lock screen report that some settings are being managed by my organization. This all started after an update and I haven't found anything that helps me.

I'm using Windows 10 Home. It's a home only desktop computer, and I don't belong to any organization. I've tried following any number of lists with using gpedit.msc, but when I get to the point of going into data
    collection and preview builds, it's not there. so... now what?

***Original title: Unknown windows organization on computer***

some-other-marc, May 30, 2023
  4. Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down

Can't set lock screen to windows spotlight, it says some settings are managed by my organization. I don't have an organization.

I built a new pc (windows 11), and tried to change my lock screen background to windows spotlight. The problem is, there is a little thing that says some settings are managed by my organization, but I don't have an organization. The closest I have is putting my school email in the mail app, but I in no way gave them access to be the admin of my computer, and I didn't have this problem on any of my other devices that also have my school email. When I look in the accounts settings, there is nothing to suggest that my computer is managed by an organization.
    I tried what was said in post 2 of this question, and did what was at this link (suggested in answer 2 of that question). It didn't make a difference, even after i restarted my computer.

FinnBot5000, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down

1. Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down - Similar Threads - Let organization manage

2. Allow my organization to manage my device - desktop now locked down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow my organization to manage my device - desktop now locked down: Hi my daughter installed Office 365 on our home desktop but "Allow my organization to manage my device" was ticked. Subsequently settings are locked down and there are no accounts settings at all visible. This was done via her own Microsoft account run via her school although...
  3. Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down: Hi my daughter installed Office 365 on our home desktop but "Let my organization manage my device" was ticked. Subsequently settings are locked down and there are no accounts settings at all visible. This was done via her own Microsoft account run via her school although...
  4. Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Let my organization manage my device - desktop now locked down: Hi my daughter installed Office 365 on our home desktop but "Let my organization manage my device" was ticked. Subsequently settings are locked down and there are no accounts settings at all visible. This was done via her own Microsoft account run via her school although...
  5. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  6. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  7. Allow my organization to manage my device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow my organization to manage my device: Hello Everyone, I have a question, currently my work IT requested that in Microsoft Teams installed on my PC to check "Allow my organization to manage my device". Noting that I do not have the pass for this Microsoft Teams account, since the IT input it whenever MS Teams...
  8. What is "Allow my organization to manage my device"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What is "Allow my organization to manage my device"?: I recently signed in with my work account and I was prompted with this. Can my organization wipe my data and control Windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-allow-my-organization-to-manage-my-device/231ab7ea-1acb-4b03-9f63-3e8350279388
  9. Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams: I've been working from home for a few months and recently needed to re-sign in to my Microsoft Teams app using my work credentials. I mistakenly blasted through the prompts and left the "Allow my organization to manage my device" box checked. This introduced a couple of...
  10. Delete organization management of device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete organization management of device: When I installed my companies e-mail adress to get Microsoft Office on my personal pc, I left the "allow the organisation to manage my device" button checked. A few moments later, my pc forced me to restart and change my pincode, because the organisation has made some rules...