Windows 10: Let Windows Manage my Default Printer not working

Discus and support Let Windows Manage my Default Printer not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have several Surface Laptop 2's with Win 10 Enterprise installed. On all of them, the "Let Windows Manage my Default Printer" option in Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by srbarth, Jan 3, 2020.

1. srbarth Win User

Let Windows Manage my Default Printer not working

We have several Surface Laptop 2's with Win 10 Enterprise installed. On all of them, the "Let Windows Manage my Default Printer" option in Settings does not work. You can check the box but Windows will not change the default printer as it should. Same image is on all of our desktop computers but problem only exist on the Surface Laptops.

:)

srbarth, Jan 3, 2020

2. How to disable the "Let Windows Manage my default Printer"

Hi Dharmendra,

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided below which helps you to disable the Default print management.

• Sign into your account as
      Administrator

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Devices icon.

• Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, and turn on (default) or off
      Let Windows manage my default printer for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

• When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
    Once you have turned off this feature, it will get reflected for all the other users.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Start button > Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners >click at your printer > click Set as Default > click at Microsoft Print to PDF > click Remove device > click Yes to confirm >
    I would suggest that you enable Let Windows manage my default printer option. That way, your default printer will be the last printer used.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Let Windows Manage my Default Printer not working - Similar Threads - Let Manage Default

2. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable: I know that I can navigate to:User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printersand enable:Turn off Windows default printer managementbut this does not prevent users, applications, things from re-enabling it.Is it possible to prevent this setting from...
  3. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable: I know that I can navigate to:User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printersand enable:Turn off Windows default printer managementbut this does not prevent users, applications, things from re-enabling it.Is it possible to prevent this setting from...
  4. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. let windows manage your printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    let windows manage your printer: should i switch on let windows manage my default printer. As i use 2 different printersone usb and one wifi at different locations in a day. or should i prefer to manual settings...
  6. let windows manage your printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    let windows manage your printer: should i switch on let windows manage my default printer. As i use 2 different printersone usb and one wifi at different locations in a day. or should i prefer to manual settings...
  7. How to disable "Let Windows manage my default printer". Not every time time the user logs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "Let Windows manage my default printer". Not every time time the user logs...: I am a apprentice in the field of IT. I work at DTU (Denmarks Technical University). It is a quite big university, with numerous institutions. I am working in one of these institutions. All the institutions is centralized, under one head IT department, and i am working in a...
  8. Printers Keep Defaulting To Local Printers Let Windows Manage Printer Is Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Keep Defaulting To Local Printers Let Windows Manage Printer Is Off: Hi, We have a bunch of people that their printer keeps switching from a defaulted network printer, printing from a print server on a domain controller to a locally installed printer. We use group policy preferences to add the printer to the user profile and let windows...
  9. Default Printer Problem -- "Manage my default printer = OFF"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer Problem -- "Manage my default printer = OFF": Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand that Windows 10 has a new feature that automatically sets your effective default printer to the last device used (unless you explicitly turn OFF the "Let Windows manage my default printer" feature). I have turned this feature OFF (and...
  10. Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer: How to: Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer [img] Information Starting in Windows 10 build 10565, Microsoft is introducing a new mode that makes your default printer the last printer you used most recently at your current location. This change helps...