Windows 10: "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables

Discus and support "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I prefer to have the privacy setting "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" disabled in my settings, but every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YummyHershey, Jul 20, 2021.

1. "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables

I prefer to have the privacy setting "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" disabled in my settings, but every time I turn it off it turns itself back on when I restart my PC. This doesn't happen with any other settings I have. Is there any fix for it?

:)

YummyHershey, Jul 20, 2021
  2. George_F Win User

Cannot enable "track app launches" for "most used apps" list

Both settings below are greyed out with the message "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

1. Privacy/Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results

2. Personalization/Start/Show most used apps

I cannot find a way to enable them. Tried sfc /scannow in Safe Mode, setting Data collection to Full, disable/enable Cortana. Also verified the following group policies, leaving them to 'Not configured' (and also trying 'Disabled'):

"Turn off user tracking"

"Remove frequent programs list from the Start Menu"

"Turn off personalized menus".

Don't know what else I can try, apart from reinstalling Windows which would be an over-the-top solution. Using the latest W10 x64 Pro (stable version).

Thanks for any help.

George_F, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\All Settings: these are the changed ones:

"Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables [​IMG]

I compared the above with my other PC, and they are exactly the same. On that PC however, App Launch Tracking works normally and can be enabled/disabled.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\All Settings: all is 'Not configured'

I couldn't find something relevant in the Resultant Set of Policy.

AmigaRoots, Jul 20, 2021
  4. "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables

Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

It is version 1709, build 16299.192

AmigaRoots, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

"Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables

1. "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables - Similar Threads - Let track app

2. REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE: I have been attempting to factory reset my computer and thus have attempted to enable the Windows RE using REAgentC, more specifically running reagentc /enable. Whenever I do so, I get the following error message:REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: b7 REAGENTC.EXE: An error has...
  3. REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE: I have been attempting to factory reset my computer and thus have attempted to enable the Windows RE using REAgentC, more specifically running reagentc /enable. Whenever I do so, I get the following error message:REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: b7 REAGENTC.EXE: An error has...
  4. How do I stop "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" from...: In settings, general, change privacy options, there is one option that keeps turning back on EVERYTIME I turn it off. It is the "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results". Everything else in this "change privacy options" menu stays switched off but...
  5. Windows apps launching automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows apps launching automatically: Hi, I'm using windows 10 Build 19041.329 with latest 2004 update. After login, few minutes later, Microsoft store, Movies&TV, Settings & Groove Music are launching one by one automatically. I've checked Startup folder. It's clean. Ideleted the local account and created new...
  6. WLAN disabled, doesn‘t let me Re-enable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WLAN disabled, doesn‘t let me Re-enable: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fedlra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flx01x/wlan_disabled_doesnt_let_me_reenable/
  7. How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 operating system uses a range of measures to track your app launches in order to boost your start and search results. It can personalize your start menu based on the most used apps in the Start menu as [...] This post How to enable or disable App Launch...
  8. Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both...
  9. windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service: I typically have the Windows Update service disabled so that i can download/install updates when i want to. However, sometime over the last month or so windows has started automatically re-enabling the Update service - I disable it... check it a few days later & it's back on...
  10. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both in the...