Windows 10: Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

Discus and support Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0ssamaak0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8xp0j/lets_appreciate_edges_new_vertical_tabs_and/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0ssamaak0, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

/u/0ssamaak0, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

How to Resize Vertical Tabs Pane in Microsoft Edge

It's easy to end up with a ton of tabs open. The more you have open, the more difficult it becomes to find, switch between, and manage them. With vertical tabs, you can easily shift to view your tabs in a pane to the side. This allows you to easily see the titles and access controls like mute and close. It even makes it easy to reorder your tabs, with the ability to drag and drop to rearrange. When you want to focus on a specific page, you can collapse the pane. Anytime you need to switch between tabs, you can hover over the pane to see all the information you need. The new Microsoft Edge is the only browser to offer built-in vertical tab navigation allowing for a more streamlined experience.

Starting with Microsoft Edge Canary version 90.0.810.0, you can now resize the pinned vertical tabs pane. Microsoft Edge will open the vertical tabs pane the same size as it was when last closed or turned off.

This tutorial will show you how to resize the vertical tabs pane in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge.

Read more: Browsers and Mail - How to Resize Vertical Tabs Pane in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs! edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs! edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs! edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

1. Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs! - Similar Threads - Let's appreciate Edge's

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. Switching between vertical and horizontal tabs will be easier in Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between vertical and horizontal tabs will be easier in Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o24cli/switching_between_vertical_and_horizontal_tabs/
  4. Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems: Anybody else having issues with this feature? Browser tabs go to sleep and either don't wake up or take forever to wake up. I have the same issue with Google Chrome, which make sense because both browsers are now Chromium based. Tab sleep has been around for several years now...
  5. How to hide Title Bar with Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Title Bar with Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has introduced an improved version of edge with added features such as the ability to access Wikipedia using immersive Reader, improved read-out-loud feature, and crash setup fixing. The bug fixing feature has added starts to its performance. Along with all these...
  6. How to Resize Vertical Tabs Pane in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Resize Vertical Tabs Pane in Microsoft Edge: It's easy to end up with a ton of tabs open. The more you have open, the more difficult it becomes to find, switch between, and manage them. With vertical tabs, you can easily shift to view your tabs in a pane to the side. This allows you to easily see the titles and access...
  7. Vertical tabs issue with groups

in Browsers and Email
    Vertical tabs issue with groups: The group feature does not render properly when using vertical tabs, see screenshots The group label appears to function correctly in that it opens and collapses the groups However, the placement of the label appears incorrect and there is extra spacing I have turned off all...
  8. Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser: [ATTACH]The new version of the Edge browser comes with some interesting tweaks and useful […] This article Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Vertical tabs on PWAs that have a tabbed interface.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vertical tabs on PWAs that have a tabbed interface.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if6af5/vertical_tabs_on_pwas_that_have_a_tabbed_interface/
  10. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737