Windows 10: Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot

Discus and support Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; You can't even keep my windows in the same desktop position when switch inputs on my display from Laptop to Desktop. Every single time I return to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Kaurus, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot

You can't even keep my windows in the same desktop position when switch inputs on my display from Laptop to Desktop. Every single time I return to the laptop as display source I have to re-organize my application's windows. Every single time.

2022 is almost over and we still cannot accomplish this basic use case, even if the task itself is named after the OS, keep organized windows.

It's honestly flabbergasting, about as flabbergasting how you have an invisible box around all notifications that blocks your mouse input to object being "obscured" by the invisible notification box...just amazing.

submitted by /u/_Kaurus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Kaurus, Sep 8, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 8, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Sep 8, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot

1. Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot - Similar Threads - Let's face Microsoft

2. It is discriminatory that Microsoft only lets you take advantage of the maximum performance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is discriminatory that Microsoft only lets you take advantage of the maximum performance...: In every version of Windows 10 or 11, RAM memory increases, there are services linked with other services unnecessarily, such as task scheduler, search box, start menu and settings interfaces. there are more services that are impossible to disable without causing damage to...
  3. Windows hello, not letting me use of remove finger print or face biometric, and not letting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello, not letting me use of remove finger print or face biometric, and not letting...: So, as you can see, I cannot remove or interact with the face or finger scanners or access the pin setting though I managed to remove my pin. In addition, windows hello is also hiding options from me, which I don't know what they are. I have searched for windows updates I...
  4. Windows hello, not letting me use of remove finger print or face biometric, and not letting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello, not letting me use of remove finger print or face biometric, and not letting...: So, as you can see, I cannot remove or interact with the face or finger scanners or access the pin setting though I managed to remove my pin. In addition, windows hello is also hiding options from me, which I don't know what they are. I have searched for windows updates I...
  5. Windows hello, not letting me use of remove finger print or face biometric, and not letting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tskh7i/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_pin_tab_groups/
  7. Microsoft Edge will let you add passwords manually.

Microsoft Edge will let you add passwords manually.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rvcqdn/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_add_passwords_manually/
  8. What is the process that lets you sign into Microsoft Services?

What is the process that lets you sign into Microsoft Services?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/stop-the-cap- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljugnm/what_is_the_process_that_lets_you_sign_into/
  9. Just to let you know

in Windows 10 Support
    Just to let you know: I never had a forced restart because of an update. I used Win10 since it came out on 2 desktops and a laptop (soon 2) and when I used the laptop I left it quite often on and no forced restarts. It would update when I clicked "update and shut down". - - - Updated - - - Also,...
  10. Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop: A few days ago I read about something called Autoplay. It is supposed to make deploying laptops to remote users easier by letting you do the setup ahead of time and then having the user log in with their credentials and Windows takes care of the set up. I can't seem to find...