Windows 10: Letter a with acute accent missing.

Discus and support Letter a with acute accent missing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Thinkpad 540p laptop with Win 10 ver 2004, 64 bit, a UK qwerty keyboard with UK English as the main language and Spanish Espaol as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Letter a with acute accent missing.

I have a Thinkpad 540p laptop with Win 10 ver 2004, 64 bit, a UK qwerty keyboard with UK English as the main language and Spanish Espaol as an additional language. Both languages are set to use the UK qwerty keyboard.

Acute-accented vowels are normally produced using AltGr + [letter]. Using that combination , , and work fine as do , , and . But and do not. AltGr + a and AltGr + A show nothing at all.

Clicking the corresponding letters in the virtual keyboard produce nothing for A or a but work as expected for the other vowels.

Using Alt codes Alt + 0225 produces and Alt + 0193 produces as expected.

What could be causing this oddity?

:)

rafikiphoto, Sep 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Acute accent key creates double ´´

- do you mean AltGr ?

What's your keyboard set to?

Letter a with acute accent missing. [​IMG]

The Best Way to Type French Accents on Windows (and Linux)

dalchina, Sep 2, 2020
  3. fusk Win User

So i'm having this super annoying issue where my acute accent key creates double ´´ But only in office 365 and mozilla products.
    What's the normal behaviour of the acute accent key? Normally you press it once and nothing appears on screen as it's awaiting the second input, so you press acute accent and then e to get é etc.

I've found older threads on win7 forum and other places with no solution.
    asus tp301ua, with windows 10 x64.

fusk, Sep 2, 2020
  4. fusk Win User

Letter a with acute accent missing.

You do realize i answered my own question ?

fusk, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Letter a with acute accent missing.

1. Letter a with acute accent missing. - Similar Threads - Letter acute accent

2. Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents: Good dayI set up my laptop to be able to quickly type special characters, i.e. grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents, it worked fantastic. I have a new laptop now and cannot remember how I did it, I could not find anything on the internet – very frustrating!ë...
  3. Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents: Good dayI set up my laptop to be able to quickly type special characters, i.e. grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents, it worked fantastic. I have a new laptop now and cannot remember how I did it, I could not find anything on the internet – very frustrating!ë...
  4. Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Accented letters on web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accented letters on web browser: I am having trouble typing accented letters in a web browser, but outside of one like in the windows search bar I can type accented letter just fine. I use google chrome mainly, and I've tried to look through the settings but have yet to find anything....
  6. Accented letters on web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accented letters on web browser: I am having trouble typing accented letters in a web browser, but outside of one like in the windows search bar I can type accented letter just fine. I use google chrome mainly, and I've tried to look through the settings but have yet to find anything....
  7. Alt codes not typing accented letters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt codes not typing accented letters?: I don't know if this is the right subreddit or not. If it's not, let me know. I've been using alt codes to type french accents for some time now. Today when I tried to type é with the code 0233, it instead typed ♥. This happened for the other letters too. Please help anyone?...
  8. How to use accented letters

How to use accented letters: Hi, I have an Irish name which has fadas (basicalling accents over some vowels). I used to be able to write this fine when I lived in Ireland by pressing the Alt-Gr key on my keyboard but can't do it here in Australia - my laptop has no Alt-Gr key and presumably using the Aus...
  9. How to remap grave accent to acute accent

How to remap grave accent to acute accent: I still don't know how to do this, even after trying various softwares on the web. I need specifically to reassign the ´ (acute ) to the ` (grave) key in a USA keyboard. In all programs, I can find easily the grave, but they don't show the acute as an option. On...
  10. Acute accent key creates double ´´

in Windows 10 Support
    Acute accent key creates double ´´: So i'm having this super annoying issue where my acute accent key creates double ´´ But only in office 365 and mozilla products. What's the normal behaviour of the acute accent key? Normally you press it once and nothing appears on screen as it's awaiting the second input,...