Windows 10: Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard

Discus and support Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard is acting weird, when I press any key on the keyboard, the key ‘g’ will be entered as well but this problem is intermediatesometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jh Ang, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Jh Ang Win User

Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard

My laptop keyboard is acting weird, when I press any key on the keyboard, the key ‘g’ will be entered as well but this problem is intermediatesometimes happen, sometime don’t. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and also testing with another keyboard, but no luck, the same problem still exist, the only way now I’m able to type is using the on screen keyboard, or I disable the particular key ’g’ to use the keyboard without g. The keyboard key is not stuck either. I’ve tested with the keyboard tester, and the g key will only be trigger is another key on the keyboard is pressed. Is the

:)

Jh Ang, Nov 29, 2022

2. Space, Alt, Del, letter g and h do not work

Did you play with filter key settings? When?

As a first measure I would check if the problem persists

• in Safe Mode (press F8 at boot time to enter Safe Mode)
    • with a borrowed external USB keyboard.

Frederik Long, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Kaivu Win User
    Pressing the letter G open Game bar

Since upgrading to Windows 10, sometimes I have an issue where I can't type "g." When I press the "g" key, something called a "Game Bar" pops up. I looked online for a way to turn off the Game Bar, so I did that. But I still can't
    type "g" at all. The only way I know how to fix this is to restart my laptop, but it's very inconvenient to do this every time.

Most of the time, when I start up my laptop, there are no issues with typing "g." This issue shows up randomly. Can someone please help? It's very annoying pasting the letter "g" every time I need to type it.

(No, there's nothing wrong with my physical "g" key.)

Can't type the letter "G" on Windows 10- Original Title

Kaivu, Nov 29, 2022
  4. alvy0114 Win User

Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

Hello everyone

My latop is an HP Pavilion 13

I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H.

For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing happens with the H key.

Then i noticed that In powershell the same thing happens. After typing the letter G, everything I typed gets deleted.

It happened on a virtual machine as well.

Lets say i press the G button now outside of this text, It makes my system unresponsive for example when i click on "Type here to search" it tries to open it but closes suddenly, I have to click another letter to make it work again.

I really think it has to do with those two keys G and H because thats when it happens, except for example when I write here, it works just fine on text I guess.

Then i tried using virtual keyboard and it works smoothly with no problems. It seems like these specific keys are acting as a Close command or something . They act like they are preventing me from opening or working on things auto erasing everything I type
    and freezing the apps.

Today I used youtube and when I type a word with the letter G or H it stops and wont let me continue typing. I have to do the same thing click another letter for example D and then everything starts working again.

It acts as if its crashing the system and closing for example any window open when I click on the key G or H

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Note: I recently updated to version 2004, updated keyboard drivers, restarted etc.

alvy0114, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard - Similar Threads - Letter ‘g’ entered

2. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key: like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-putting-in-the-wrong-lettersinputs/096c4ffe-d013-4767-b0d9-65d295640295
  3. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key: like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-putting-in-the-wrong-lettersinputs/096c4ffe-d013-4767-b0d9-65d295640295
  4. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....

For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....: For some reason, this has started recently, and I currently have no idea how to fix this. I've tried to unplug my keyboard and plug it back in to try and fix it but it doesn't work.This happens on every program I type on and it's pretty annoyingand yes I am copying the letter...
  6. For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....

For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....: For some reason, this has started recently, and I currently have no idea how to fix this. I've tried to unplug my keyboard and plug it back in to try and fix it but it doesn't work.This happens on every program I type on and it's pretty annoyingand yes I am copying the letter...
  7. For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard

Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard: My laptop keyboard is acting weird, when I press any key on the keyboard, the key ‘g’ will be entered as well but this problem is intermediatesometimes happen, sometime don’t. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and also testing with another keyboard, but no luck, the...
  9. Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.: So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this. My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the...
  10. When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o

When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o: When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o. I have tried restarting, changing language and location and no dice. An help would be much appreciated....