Windows 10: letter G will not type

Discus and support letter G will not type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; letter G will not type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-g-will-not-type/bc46792a-c5db-4ee2-9e7f-a953725c18bb Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Crume, Nov 24, 2020.

1. letter G will not type

letter G will not type

:)

John Crume, Nov 24, 2020

2. Local disk G

Hi mjking1531

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

DiskPart should still be able to access the drive if its not showing up in File Explorer.

Click Start, type: cmd

Right click cmd

Click Run as administrator

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “G”, note the volume number for Drive G.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive G is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=G

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre for Directly, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Drive G

This is one of the known issues with the update as Recovery partition should be hidden and is accidentally assigned a drive letter.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter. (In hundreds of MBs)

remove letter="G"

Replace G with the Recovery drive letter.

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Kaivu Win User

letter G will not type

Pressing the letter G open Game bar

Since upgrading to Windows 10, sometimes I have an issue where I can't type "g." When I press the "g" key, something called a "Game Bar" pops up. I looked online for a way to turn off the Game Bar, so I did that. But I still can't
    type "g" at all. The only way I know how to fix this is to restart my laptop, but it's very inconvenient to do this every time.

Most of the time, when I start up my laptop, there are no issues with typing "g." This issue shows up randomly. Can someone please help? It's very annoying pasting the letter "g" every time I need to type it.

(No, there's nothing wrong with my physical "g" key.)

Can't type the letter "G" on Windows 10- Original Title

Kaivu, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

letter G will not type

1. letter G will not type - Similar Threads - letter type

2. Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...: I've seen several other closed posts about this but haven't found one with a solution. Yesterday, my PC updated to windows 11 in the middle of my work day despite having active hours set for 'do not restart', and repeatedly having selected the stay on windows 10 option. I...
  3. Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...: I've seen several other closed posts about this but haven't found one with a solution. Yesterday, my PC updated to windows 11 in the middle of my work day despite having active hours set for 'do not restart', and repeatedly having selected the stay on windows 10 option. I...
  4. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  5. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  6. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.: Hi all. Pls this is really urgent. I have a spanish document in New Times Roman but whenever i apply a different font type, the diacritic letter suddenly disappears. So, the space for the letter just becomes white like i used a bar space. How do i correct this or make sure...
  8. How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.

How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.: Hi all. Pls this is really urgent. I have a spanish document in New Times Roman but whenever i apply a different font type, the diacritic letter suddenly disappears. So, the space for the letter just becomes white like i used a bar space. How do i correct this or make sure...
  9. Why when i type in File Explorer does it keep missing out letters and characters? Im using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when i type in File Explorer does it keep missing out letters and characters? Im using...: Why when i type in File Explorer does it keep missing out letters and characters? Im using Windows 11. Its only in Explorer that this happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-type-in-file-explorer-does-it-keep/606fcf3d-39b9-4b90-8b68-31b573d0cfda
  10. Why when i type in File Explorer does it keep missing out letters and characters? Im using...

Why when i type in File Explorer does it keep missing out letters and characters? Im using...: Why when i type in File Explorer does it keep missing out letters and characters? Im using Windows 11. Its only in Explorer that this happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-type-in-file-explorer-does-it-keep/606fcf3d-39b9-4b90-8b68-31b573d0cfda