Windows 10: Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

Discus and support Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, can you help me to solve this problemI'm changing log in method on lock screen to microsoft account login, after restarting when i want to sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JedidaDanang, May 15, 2022.

1. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

Hello, can you help me to solve this problemI'm changing log in method on lock screen to microsoft account login, after restarting when i want to sign in, the letter doesn't show up, i used on-screen keyboard and the letter still doesn't showing. But when i try to connect the internet using wi-fi, i can type it normal, the letter shown up, on-screen keyboard works well too.

:)

JedidaDanang, May 15, 2022
  2. larc919 Win User

Nonexistent account on lock screen

I changed the name of my laptop to match the name of the unit it replaced. When I rebooted, I got a message that the username or password was incorrect. Then I noticed there are now 2 accounts listed at bottom left on the lock screen: the correct one and one with a username that doesn't exist in user accounts. The name is the first 5 letters of the correct login. Unfortunately, the lock screen defaults to the phantom account (of course it would). I can switch to my regular account and log in as usual, but that's bothersome. Is there a settings page where I can get rid of the extra account or is there some place in the registry? The lock screen has to be seeing it somewhere, but it's not showing up in any of the usual account settings places.

Running 19042.746 Pro.

larc919, May 15, 2022
  3. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, May 15, 2022
  4. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

Cannot sign into microsoft account with Window 10 apps.

Hi Lyra,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Have you receive any error, when trying to Login using Microsoft Account on your system?

• Have you changed the password of your Microsoft Account/
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the lock screen.

• Select the English language and click Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps;

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

1. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen - Similar Threads - Letter showing microsoft

2. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  3. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  4. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen: Hello, can you help me to solve this problemI'm changing log in method on lock screen to microsoft account login, after restarting when i want to sign in, the letter doesn't show up, i used on-screen keyboard and the letter still doesn't showing. But when i try to connect the...
  6. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen: Hello, can you help me to solve this problemI'm changing log in method on lock screen to microsoft account login, after restarting when i want to sign in, the letter doesn't show up, i used on-screen keyboard and the letter still doesn't showing. But when i try to connect the...
  7. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  8. Account picture not showing on lock screen

Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  9. Lock Screen Login In Shows Two Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Login In Shows Two Accounts: On start up or restart: Lock screen shows User Name and says Unable to connect to network with OK below it. Click OK shows two User Avatars with same User Name. One sends me to PIN and a normal log in. Second shows an abbreviated user name gthom and asks for password....
  10. Microsoft Account & finding page/screen to type letters

Microsoft Account & finding page/screen to type letters: Dear Sir or Madam, Can you inform me if it is necessary that I get a Microsoft Account? And if I am required to get a Microsoft Account, can you provide guidance how I go about doing that? Also, I need to type some letters, but am having problems being able to go to the...