Windows 10: Letter p always pressed in on-screen keyboard

Discus and support Letter p always pressed in on-screen keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My physical keyboard is broken. Therefore was using the on screen keyboard. Now when I open the on screen keyboard, letter p is automatically and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SanaliMirihagalla, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Letter p always pressed in on-screen keyboard

My physical keyboard is broken. Therefore was using the on screen keyboard. Now when I open the on screen keyboard, letter p is automatically and always pressed. Therefore letter p is constantly typing everywhere. The only way to stop it is by pressing alt key. But after I unpress it, p starts to be typing every where? Give me a solution to this problem.

:)

SanaliMirihagalla, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Annnop Win User

pressing "p" key opens volume control - cannot type the letter p!

Sadly, neither of your suggestions worked - and I still can't type the letter p...thanks anyway!

Annnop, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Annnop Win User
    pressing "p" key opens volume control - cannot type the letter p!

As above - for the past couple of days I cannot type the letter p (upper or lower case) - pressing the key opens volume control. I have to copy and paste the letter just to type the letter p...

More than annoying! Have googled to no avail. How can I get my p back?

thanks!

Ann

Annnop, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Letter p always pressed in on-screen keyboard

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Letter p always pressed in on-screen keyboard

1. Letter p always pressed in on-screen keyboard - Similar Threads - Letter always pressed

2. Mistakenly pressed windows+p. How to undo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mistakenly pressed windows+p. How to undo: Only have one monitor and I mistakenly pressed windows+p. Now screen is blank. What can I do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mistakenly-pressed-windowsp-how-to-undo/0dfe9eba-dbe7-4b63-b229-72e4187bc133
  3. Mistakenly pressed windows+p. How to undo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mistakenly pressed windows+p. How to undo: Only have one monitor and I mistakenly pressed windows+p. Now screen is blank. What can I do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mistakenly-pressed-windowsp-how-to-undo/0dfe9eba-dbe7-4b63-b229-72e4187bc133
  4. Mistakenly pressed windows+p. How to undo

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. P key removes the preceding letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    P key removes the preceding letter: Hi,Whenever I try to type a word like update or any letter before "P" it is completely removed and it won't respond to spacebar as well meaning that I have to press the spacebar twice to seprate between the word containing the letter p and the word before it. Any ideas?P.S....
  6. P key removes the preceding letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    P key removes the preceding letter: Hi,Whenever I try to type a word like update or any letter before "P" it is completely removed and it won't respond to spacebar as well meaning that I have to press the spacebar twice to seprate between the word containing the letter p and the word before it. Any ideas?P.S....
  7. Win p key pressed

in Windows 10 Support
    Win p key pressed: I have 3 monitors. My nephew was sitting at my pc and he said that he pressed the "WIN P" keys while playing a game on the computer. Now I am only able to use the first monitor. The other 2 have black screens and I am unable to access them. If I go to settings and go to...
  8. Pressing Letter "K" on keyboard shows "connect" feature on windows 10

Pressing Letter "K" on keyboard shows "connect" feature on windows 10: I already tried uninstalling keyboard in the device manager. The windows key does the same function at the moment instead of showing Start programs. Is my keyboard bricked? I'm sure letter "K" is working when I input password before logging in my computer. Once logged in, it...
  9. Keyboard and repeated letters on the screen.

Keyboard and repeated letters on the screen.: Somehow I did something that caused my keyboard to repeat letters if held too long - Please help!! Thanks so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-repeated-letters-on-the-screen/4f577fb6-070b-4a41-9e2f-ef31c02be9f7
  10. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters: Hello. I am new here. I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer. However, I...