Windows 10: Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

Discus and support Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by flycaster, Oct 19, 2020.

1. flycaster Win User

Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo" effect around printed matter when I scroll a page. Specifically, while in the scroll motion, the letters seems to have a white outline around them. When page is stationary, letters are nice and sharp without a hint of halo. BTW, this is not happening with Edge or Chrome or my pdf reader. Anyone care to take a shot at explaining what's happening?

:)

flycaster, Oct 19, 2020

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages? :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 19, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites

I see the scroll bar and it's scroll-able, and does not disappear. I'm currently on the Beta FF, 67b5. That may have been fixed. I'm assuming you are on 66.0.2. Maybe if you try the Beta to see if it works correctly, that will give you some indication it will be fine in a few weeks when it's released.

Scroll down this FF directory till you find the one for you. It's easy to revert back to 66.0.2.

Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/

Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 19, 2020
  4. rudolfo2 Win User

FireFox

Task Manager don't show Firefox running.

rudolfo2, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages? - Similar Threads - Letters halo scrolling

2. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.: This window pops up when I am scrolling a page. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-keeps-popping-up-when-scrolling-a-page/ca70b021-807c-4695-89f8-c5380a5d4c95
  4. Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.: This window pops up when I am scrolling a page. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-keeps-popping-up-when-scrolling-a-page/ca70b021-807c-4695-89f8-c5380a5d4c95
  5. Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?: Windows 10 Home 21H1 Ebay has changed the layout of the selling page. I can't scroll when on it. Any idea what could cause this? I've disabled the main extensions that I think could cause such a problem but that hasn't worked. I've now tried Safe Mode and that worked. I have...
  6. Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

in Windows 10 Support
    Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?: FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo" effect around printed matter when I scroll a page. Specifically, while in the scroll motion, the letters seems to have a...
  7. Missing letters and UI in some pages in Firefox on build 1909 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing letters and UI in some pages in Firefox on build 1909 ?: This is the first time I've ever seen this and it's happened a few times today already. Pages like Facebook and some other sites lack whole words or even UI (Facebook has no top side blue bar where search etc. are). Is this a Firefox thing or a Windows bug ? submitted by...
  8. Locking in page size in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Locking in page size in Firefox: I'm trying out Firefox on my tablet. The window size goes to 100% every time I change web pages. Is there a way to lock the size to 80% and keep it there? I don't see any setting. 61683
  9. Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana: Firefox 43.0.2 and Win 10 ... when use Cortana and speak 'Open Firefox', Firefox starts but does not open at the defined Home Page ... instead starts at a Google search with a search argument of "Open Firefox". BTW: Firefox is defined to be the default browser and...
  10. Scrolling Tip (and free Firefox plugin)

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling Tip (and free Firefox plugin): As a Windows Noob (been using 10 for months) there is one Mac feature I absolutely can't stand not having. Scroll bars in Windows do not offer a 'turbo' feature I like. Suppose you're at the bottom of a page and you want to return to the top? In Windows you must move your...