Windows 10: Letting a standard user access resource monitor

Discus and support Letting a standard user access resource monitor in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there any way to use Local Security Policy or Group Policy Object Editor to allow my standard account to click on Resource Monitor in Task Manager... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SlickRCBD, Oct 22, 2020.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Letting a standard user access resource monitor

Is there any way to use Local Security Policy or Group Policy Object Editor to allow my standard account to click on Resource Monitor in Task Manager without entering the credentials for my admin account into UAC?

I'm following the principle of "least privilege" here, but I'm unaware of what privileges are needed for Resource Monitor and if it constitutes a security risk greater than the privacy of other users which I can easily override by logging in with the admin account. If the only danger is that it gives me the ability to snoop at other users' files, I don't see much risk. If on the other hand it can allow a virus to do nasty stuff, I can see why not to do it.

The trouble is that I have spent 20 minutes looking at GPOE and LSP and didn't spot anything that jumped out at me as letting me access Resource Monitor. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. What option am I looking for, and where can I find it?

This is my day to day user account on my home computer I want to do this to, which is a standard account for all the normal reasons. I'll add that I'm on a workgroup because some idiot will see "group policy" and instantly think "He's on a domain!" without looking at the context how else do you alter the privileges of a user account in finer detail than "standard account or administrator account"?

:)

SlickRCBD, Oct 22, 2020

2. Error message: " Can't open the app with the default amministrator user ","App not opening problem" and Windows 10 stuttering or freeze.

Hi,

We appreciate your time and efforts to fix the issue.

I suggest you to monitor the performance on your computer and let us know if the issue occurs again.

Let’s follow these steps below, to open Resource Monitor on your computer:

1. Type
    Resource Monitor on the search bar on the desktop.

2. Click on
    Resource Monitor option on the displayed list.

3. Click on CPU option on the
    Resource Monitor Window and monitor the performance on your computer.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Stuck as standard user

Hi,

Since your account is recognized as a standard user account, you can follow the steps below to change a user account type on Settings:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Click on Accounts and select Family & other people.
    • Under people, select the user account, and click Change account type.
    • Select Administrator from the drop down menu, then click
      OK

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Letting a standard user access resource monitor

Is Resource Monitor a Trojan Horse?

Resource Monitor has no history of this. From what you described it sounded more like a Norton issue to me. I've had enough experience over ten years daily in forums to know that Norton is always the first suspect when it's mentioned and therefore it was
    the first suggestion I made here based on your entire description.

A shotgun approach tries a bunch of things hoping something will work. This is targeted at Norton which is always the prime suspect, and not shotgun at all. If it doesn't help then I'll have other steps but one step does not a shotgun make.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Letting a standard user access resource monitor

1. Letting a standard user access resource monitor - Similar Threads - Letting standard user

2. Cant access Microsoft apps as Standard user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access Microsoft apps as Standard user: Received new PC from MICROSOFT and upgraded to Windows 11. Now i can not access Microsoft Apps from Standard user. I can from Loacl admin but not Standard user account. I have seen several posts but nothing seems to work and Microsoft being a superp power doesnt seem to...
  3. Cant access Microsoft apps as Standard user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access Microsoft apps as Standard user: Received new PC from MICROSOFT and upgraded to Windows 11. Now i can not access Microsoft Apps from Standard user. I can from Loacl admin but not Standard user account. I have seen several posts but nothing seems to work and Microsoft being a superp power doesnt seem to...
  4. Can resource monitor of network access be bypass ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can resource monitor of network access be bypass ?: Hello, I just want to ask, can a program bypass resource monitor of network access ? I mean it can connect to a website, but there is no logging in resource monitor !English is not my native language, thanks !...
  5. Can resource monitor of network access be bypass ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can resource monitor of network access be bypass ?: Hello, I just want to ask, can a program bypass resource monitor of network access ? I mean it can connect to a website, but there is no logging in resource monitor !English is not my native language, thanks !...
  6. Can resource monitor of network access be bypass ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resource Monitor: Why is this happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-monitor/5742dd19-f885-4765-b836-072463e98a3a
  8. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resource Monitor: I got a quick question for resource monitor. Under CPU I have CPU Total, then service CPU Usage and then CPU 0 through to CPU 7. Why so many CPU under Resource Monitor? 168991
  9. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resource Monitor: My new system has 4 NVMe drives: a 1TB - C:\ drive, 2-1TB drives in a striped set - D:\ drive, and a 1TB - E:\ drive. It also has a RamDisk A:\ drive and a HDD, F-Drive. My Disk Resource Manager monitors all drives except my D-Drive, can it not see striped sets? The stripe...
  10. Standard user able to access Admin folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Standard user able to access Admin folders?: Hello, Not sure if this is by default, but I've noticed it on 3 different computers. 2 running Windows 10 Home, 1 running Windows 10 Pro. When logged on as standard user, I'm able to access the folders of an Administrator. I may get prompted for password the first time,...