Windows 10: Lexmark printer problem

Discus and support Lexmark printer problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can a Lexmark printer operate in Windows10.I have an X9575model which works fine with windows7 and earlier xp for example but having installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harrymc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Harrymc Win User

Lexmark printer problem

Can a Lexmark printer operate in Windows10.I have an X9575model which works fine with windows7 and earlier xp for example but having installed Windows10 my laptop fails to connect either by USB or Wirelessly?
    Can't find any info on Lexmark site except confirmation that this model printer is "discontinued"

:)

Harrymc, Aug 5, 2015

2. Launch Lexmark Printer Home app not working

I have a Lexmark Prospect Pro 205 which is no longer under warranty.

Here's the problem: I can no longer use the Launch Lexmark Printer Home app from the desktop. When I click on the app, it reads "no compatible printers are installed."

I believe this problem commenced after a Windows 10 update was installed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Lexmark driver, used the print troubleshooter, all to no avail.

The above stated problem happened once, or twice, previously, but I was able to remedy the issue.

Note: The Lexmark printer is listed in the Settings-Devices section.

In addition, small squares are printed on the test printer page.

Any suggestions from the Community is appreciated.

interested 2day, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Robtxvet Win User
    Windows 10 drivers for Lexmark X7170 printer issues

I have a five year old Lexmark extra printer that Lexmark will not support Windows 10 with a new driver. How hard is it to write a program for a driver? So rather than ditch Lexmark printer I set up another laptop that runs Windows 7. Slower but does the
    job. Won't buy another Lexmark again.

Original Title: Lexmark X7170 printer

Robtxvet, Aug 5, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Lexmark printer problem

Hi and welcome to the forums..
    Have you tried to plug it in and use it with Win10 yet? From my experience with an older Brother printer it worked just fine when I set it up with 10.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Harrymc Win User
    Hi Jeff,
    Yes I had no problem running it on Windows7 or on my laptop Windows 8.1.However,having installed Windows10 on the laptop It tells me unable to communicate with the printer. It worked both via a USB connection and Wirelessly on the laptop before.
    Are you thinking that perhaps I should uninstall the software and start from scratch?

ps I still have widows7 on my desktop and the printer works ok.

Harrymc, Aug 5, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    It sure can't hurt at this point.. otherwise I have no idea.

Sorry

BunnyJ, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Harrymc Win User
    Thanks ,I will try it in the morning.

Harrymc, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Lexmark printer problem

I had a Lexmark Printer with Vista and when 7 came out , Lexmark would not upgrade it for 7 so that was the end of my using their products.

Gary, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Lexmark does make a universal driver for their products.

Lexmark Universal

The download links are listed on the right side of that page. There is a PCL5, PCL XL and PS3 version. Generally the PCL5 is more compatible, but will lack some features as its an older print driver that was in use during the early to mid 90's. The PCL XL will support all the features, but may have some compatibilty issues with some models. The PS3 usually ends up being the best of both worlds with Lexmark as their printers are based in PostScript where as HP printers use more PCL.

I would reccomend to download the PS3 driver and try installing it with that.

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lexmark printer problem

1. Lexmark printer problem - Similar Threads - Lexmark printer problem

2. Lexmark 2425 working as printer but not scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lexmark 2425 working as printer but not scanner: Hi, I have a Lexmark MC 2425 printer which works perfectly as a printer. However, although it says its set up as a Multi function device it is not being recognised as a scanner. It doesnt appear in scan profiles and under scanner properties it says its unavailable. Ive...
  3. add lexmark wireless printer to dell laptop?

add lexmark wireless printer to dell laptop?: cannot link lxmark wireles printer to my dell laptop arrgghhhh. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-lexmark-wireless-printer-to-dell-laptop/66afb9dc-890e-4d02-90a1-3c7d31149259
  4. Lexmark Z715 Printer

Lexmark Z715 Printer: I just upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now my Lexmark Z715 printer will not work. I uninstalled and when I tried to reinstall the system went into a loop with the install window showing....
  5. can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print

can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print: Can't get Lexmark MS 317dn printer to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-lexmark-printer-ms317dn-to-print/0a774bc2-26d4-4870-a884-4ab84d1662b3
  6. Lexmark X9350 Printer

Lexmark X9350 Printer: Can a Lexmark X9350 printer work with windows 10. I get a message that there is no driver. But when I go to get the driver, I am not able to completely fill out the information requested. The form does not allow me to enter the version of windows I am using. Any...
  7. Unable to print using Lexmark x3650 printer

Unable to print using Lexmark x3650 printer: hi, Lexmark x3650 is giving no communication error with windows 10 I tried couple of solutions provided here but did not work, I installed windows 7 and 8 drivers for it separately but no result. please guide me with Lexmark software and drivers. thank you ***Original...
  8. Lexmark Printer Issues

Lexmark Printer Issues: Hello - I am having an issue with my Lexmark X5650 printer. I noticed today that under Devices and Printers, the printer is listed in the "Unspecified" section. Additionally, it is listed as: Lexmark 5600-6600 Series (Copy 1). I accessed Device Manager and under Printers...
  9. Lost My Printer (Lexmark E234)

Lost My Printer (Lexmark E234): I up-graded my Samsung notebook to Windows 10 and now I don't have a printer. I went to Lexmark's wed site and downloaded what E-234 printer driver but I still have nothing. I've already spent hours trying to figure this out so before I uninstall windows 10 what are my...
  10. Lexmark x2550 printer

Lexmark x2550 printer: Hi my printer was working perfectly until i did windows 10 update, now it's no longer compatible, any advice as to how or can I use a different driver thanks 96821