Windows 10: Lexmark scan installation

Discus and support Lexmark scan installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Lexmark MC3224dwe printer. I installed it by adding a device which works fine and it automatically installed a Microsoft driver and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianHolmes2, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Lexmark scan installation

I have a new Lexmark MC3224dwe printer. I installed it by adding a device which works fine and it automatically installed a Microsoft driver

and appears correctly in printers. In device manager the printer appears as Microsoft IPP class driver.

My problem is that I can't install the scanner so that it works with Microsoft scan. At present in Device manager it doesn't appear in the imaging devices. Any suggestions please?

I don't want to use the Lexmark software, Microsoft one is better.

:)

BrianHolmes2, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Problem Installing Lexmark Pro715 Scanner Functionality

Hi Jag,

Let's take a look at some things to know how we can fix the problem with your Lexmark Pro. Kindly answer the following questions:

• How did you download the drivers on the computer?
    • Do you have the installation disk for your Lexmark Pro?
    • Do you see the Lexmark scanner in Device Manager?
    Follow these steps to check if the scanner driver has been installed:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    Check whether Lexmark appears under your Imaging devices, and if there are any errors with the driver.

You can also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter available in Control Panel. Here's how you can do it:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    Allow the troubleshooter to run. It will scan for errors and automatically fix them for you.

Let us know the outcome.

Ruz San, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Lexmark 4600 won't scan to computer after windows 10 upgrade

Since I upgraded to windows 10 when I try to scan to my computer it scans to paint instead. Lexmark no longer supports this printer and suggest updating drivers to windows 8.1 which I did. It didn't help. Do I really need to get a new printer like lexmark
    says?

starwood2000, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Dutch Win User

Lexmark scan installation

How to get Windows 10 to find & retain a Lexmark CS310 printer?

Hello.

Windows 10 will not find my Lexmark CS310 printer that I want to use as the default printer.

After first installing Win 10, It found the printer and let me set it as the default. The printer was repeated in the list of printers in this way:
    Lexmark CS310
    Lexmark CS310 (Copy 1)

When I deleted the "Copy 1" listing, Win 10 removed *both* listings for the printer and now cannot find it. I have searched in various ways including the one about my printer is old, but all to no avail.

I can still print using that printer, but it will not retain it as the default (so I have to manually select it each time) and will not add it to the list of printers.

I read the thread "Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer in Settings" then checked my settings and saw that "Let Windows manage my default printer" is selected, but the computer does not retain the Lexmark CS310 printer after printing with that printer and cannot find it when I search for the printer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dutch, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Lexmark scan installation

1. Lexmark scan installation - Similar Threads - Lexmark scan installation

2. Windows 11 scan app with a Lexmark MC2425.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 scan app with a Lexmark MC2425.: Hi, I am trying to use the Windows Scan app with a Lexmark MC 2425. When I click preview the printer shows "Remote Scan in Progress" but nothing happens. Eventually the message times out. The same happens when I click scan...
  3. Windows 11 scan app with a Lexmark MC2425.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 scan app with a Lexmark MC2425.: Hi, I am trying to use the Windows Scan app with a Lexmark MC 2425. When I click preview the printer shows "Remote Scan in Progress" but nothing happens. Eventually the message times out. The same happens when I click scan...
  4. Need scanning application compatible with Lexmark x204n printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need scanning application compatible with Lexmark x204n printer/scanner: I recently obtained a barely used Lexmark x204n laser printer/scanner no longer supported by Lexmark that I want to use with my HP Pavilion dv6-3155dx notebook running Windows 10. The print function works fine, but I have not found a way to use the scanner. I have found only...
  5. Need scanning application compatible with Lexmark x204n printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need scanning application compatible with Lexmark x204n printer/scanner: I recently obtained a barely used Lexmark x204n laser printer/scanner no longer supported by Lexmark that I want to use with my HP Pavilion dv6-3155dx notebook running Windows 10. The print function works fine, but I have not found a way to use the scanner. I have found only...
  6. Need scanning application compatible with Lexmark x204n printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to scan using windows apps, using Lexmark MC3426adw

Unable to scan using windows apps, using Lexmark MC3426adw: So, a couple months ago I started having trouble scanning from my MFP Lexmark MC3426adw. I contacted Lexmark support and they had me install their utility package which includes their 'Scan Center' app which seems to work fine. However, 'Windows Fax and Scan' as well as the...
  8. lexmark x7350

lexmark x7350: não estou conseguindo instalar o drive para Wind 10, por favor enviar drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lexmark-x7350/6e1655c5-e82b-4f21-af88-b195fff57c2e
  9. Unable to scan using Lexmark MB2236adwe

Unable to scan using Lexmark MB2236adwe: I cannot get my scanner to work. I followed all the directions and downloaded the Microsoft Scanner app. It worked for one day. A week later I am trying to scan and the scanner app says it cannot find the printer. Very frustrated. ***Original title: Cannot scan with my...
  10. Cannot scan with my Lexmark MB2236adwe Windows 10

Cannot scan with my Lexmark MB2236adwe Windows 10: I cannot get my scanner to work. I followed all the directions and downloaded the Microsoft Scanner app. It worked for one day. A week later I am trying to scan and the scanner app says it cannot find the printer. Very frustrated....