Windows 10: [lf advice] Can you get a Virus from Pop-Up adds?

Discus and support [lf advice] Can you get a Virus from Pop-Up adds? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Asking for a friend of mine who is very cautious of using the internet (especially regarding certain kinds of websites that tend have alot of pop-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lalamann, Nov 5, 2019.

1. [lf advice] Can you get a Virus from Pop-Up adds?

Asking for a friend of mine who is very cautious of using the internet (especially regarding certain kinds of websites that tend have alot of pop-up adds) and wants to be sure there is no risk from pop-ups.

So is it actually possible to get a virus from just a pop-up window/add appearing even if you just simply immediatly close the window?

submitted by /u/Lalamann
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lalamann, Nov 5, 2019

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 5, 2019
  3. [lf advice] Can you get a Virus from Pop-Up adds?

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

[lf advice] Can you get a Virus from Pop-Up adds?

1. [lf advice] Can you get a Virus from Pop-Up adds? - Similar Threads - advice Virus Pop

2. to get a text file of uniform line endings from mixed ones CR+LF and LF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    to get a text file of uniform line endings from mixed ones CR+LF and LF: Well, I think this bash script is of almost no use in general :-I hope this maybe help Japanese user somewhere.I'm using this script to rectify log files on Windows 10 Home 21H2 with ubuntu focal of WSL2 Windows Susbsystem for Linux .--- $HOME/bin/win_cnv#!/bin/bash## Usage:...
  3. to get a text file of uniform line endings from mixed ones CR+LF and LF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to get a text file of uniform line endings from mixed ones CR+LF and LF: Well, I think this bash script is of almost no use in general :-I hope this maybe help Japanese user somewhere.I'm using this script to rectify log files on Windows 10 Home 21H2 with ubuntu focal of WSL2 Windows Susbsystem for Linux .--- $HOME/bin/win_cnv#!/bin/bash## Usage:...
  4. to get a text file of uniform line endings from mixed ones CR+LF and LF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?: https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...s/apd/451-bbkv I bought one of these for my laptop a while back and use it as backup power for my laptop. I want to get another one of these and notice that on sites like ebay, people sell them either new, open box or used and the...
  6. Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?

Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?: Not sure if right section but just wondering is it possible to get virus/hacked from those redirect ads that often plays music in the background and sometimes prompts you with a login? sometimes when u try to close it by X there will be pop up like "are u sure u are missing...
  7. Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?: Not sure if right section but just wondering is it possible to get virus/hacked from those redirect ads that often plays music in the background and sometimes prompts you with a login? sometimes when u try to close it by X there will be pop up like "are u sure u are missing...
  8. Can you get a virus from a keyboard?

Can you get a virus from a keyboard?: I know this might sound like a stupid question. But say you have a keyboard and you do not know if someone did anything to it. Then you connect it to your laptop. Assuming its a wired keyboard, this is impossible right? But what if its a wireless keyboard? I ask this because...
  9. Can you get a virus from a keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you get a virus from a keyboard?: I know this might sound like a stupid question. But say you have a keyboard and you do not know if someone did anything to it. Then you connect it to your laptop. Assuming its a wired keyboard, this is impossible right? But what if its a wireless keyboard? I ask this because...
  10. security pop up or virus and how to get rid of

security pop up or virus and how to get rid of: I have an "iexplore" windows security that keeps popping up asking for my user name and password. Is it a virus or how do i get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-pop-up-or-virus-and-how-to-get-rid-of/173637f6-2467-40e8-8f7d-6985719e3cea"