Windows 10: LG 65C9 Television Gets No Signal from Windows 10 PC After Each Restart

Discus and support LG 65C9 Television Gets No Signal from Windows 10 PC After Each Restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maxmt123, Jan 14, 2020.

1. maxmt123 Win User

LG 65C9 Television Gets No Signal from Windows 10 PC After Each Restart

Hello everybody,

I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 with AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. If I start the PC with no HDMI cable attached, and then plug in the cable after the PC is powered up, I get a perfect signal. However, if I restart the PC or manually power the PC off and back on the television remains on the "No Signal" screen. It's as if something about the Windows startup is not waking the television up.

I have gone through extensive troubleshooting with the HP help forum, following all the typical steps; uninstalling drivers, bios updates, AMD chip updates, clean install of Windows using the Media Creation Tool download, etc. There was about a 5-day period where I thought the problem was resolved, and then it went back to not functioning properly maybe a Windows Update messed it up again, I can't be sure.

The TV functions perfectly with all other devices, including different laptop and desktop PCs I have tested. Similarly, the PC is functioning correctly with my old Samsung LED TV and a Samsung monitor I own. The problem must be with the communication between the PC and 65C9 on startup. I feel like there is a setting that I have missed that would solve all my problems. Please help!

Here is my discussion on the HP forums in case it helps explain the problem and my troubleshooting process: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskt...s-Primary-Monitor-Need-to-Unplug/td-p/7360908

:)

maxmt123, Jan 14, 2020
  2. SueHaze Win User

Connecting my Windows 10 PC to my new LG Smart television.,

My smart saver app on my new smart LG television tells me I can view photos, etc. from my PC on my television wirelessly. I just don't know what I have to do on my computer to enable this. Any help appreciated.

Moved from: (Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Movies & TV)

SueHaze, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. LG 65C9 Television Gets No Signal from Windows 10 PC After Each Restart - Similar Threads - 65C9 Television Gets

2. Monitor not getting any signal from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not getting any signal from PC: My PC was working fine, then I completed a Windows update which asked me to restart the computer. After restarting, I can no longer receive signal to my monitor. I’ve tried everything; different HDMI cable, different monitor, restarting the PC. The computer lights up and all...
  3. Monitor not getting any signal from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor not getting any signal from PC: My PC was working fine, then I completed a Windows update which asked me to restart the computer. After restarting, I can no longer receive signal to my monitor. I’ve tried everything; different HDMI cable, different monitor, restarting the PC. The computer lights up and all...
  4. No signal from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal from PC: I started up my PC and got a blank screen monitor displaying “no signal”. I have done all of the research into checking all of the basics.I know it is not the monitor. I have plugged another device into it and displays fine which also eliminates that the cable is faulty.I...
  5. No signal from PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal from PC: I started up my PC and got a blank screen monitor displaying “no signal”. I have done all of the research into checking all of the basics.I know it is not the monitor. I have plugged another device into it and displays fine which also eliminates that the cable is faulty.I...
  6. No signal from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television: Movies played via the Netflix app on my LG OLED65C8 television have surround sound. The Blu-ray player connected to one of its HDMI inputs also successfully generates surround sound from the TV, but the Windows 10 PC connected to another HDMI input is limited to stereo audio...
  8. Account Resets after each PC restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account Resets after each PC restart: I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I assumed it was a one time thing and just reinstalled everything and moved on. Fast forward to a few days...
  9. LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart: Hello everybody, this is my first post so apologies in advance if I don't follow forum rules/etiquette. I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop...
  10. LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart: Hello everybody, this is my first post so apologies in advance if I don't follow forum rules/etiquette. I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop...