Windows 10: LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart

Discus and support LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everybody, this is my first post so apologies in advance if I don't follow forum rules/etiquette. I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by maxmt123, Jan 16, 2020.

1. maxmt123 Win User

LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart

Hello everybody, this is my first post so apologies in advance if I don't follow forum rules/etiquette.

I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 with AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. If I start the PC with no HDMI cable attached, and then plug in the cable after the PC is powered up, I get a perfect signal. However, if I restart the PC (or power the PC off and back on) the television remains on the "No Signal" screen. It's as if something about the Windows startup is not waking the television up, although the TV does get some signal from the PC, because a message pops up in the corner of the screen saying the hdmi port is now available.

I have gone through extensive troubleshooting with the HP help forum, following all the typical steps; uninstalling drivers, bios updates, AMD chip updates, clean install of Windows using the Media Creation Tool download, etc. There was about a 5-day period where I thought the problem was resolved, and then it went back to not functioning properly (maybe a Windows Update messed it up again, I can't be sure).

The TV functions perfectly with all other devices, including different laptop and desktop PCs I have tested. Similarly, the PC is functioning correctly with my old Samsung LED TV and a Samsung monitor I own. The problem must be with the communication between the PC and 65C9 on startup. I have tried different cables and different ports on each device with the same results. I feel like there is a setting that I have missed that would solve all my problems. Please help!

Here is my discussion on the HP forums in case it helps explain the problem and my troubleshooting process.

My windows version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.592). I assume my other specs will be visible in my profile. Thanks for reading!

:)

maxmt123, Jan 16, 2020
  2. maxmt123 Win User

Hello everybody, this is my first post so apologies in advance if I don't follow forum rules/etiquette.

I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 with AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. If I start the PC with no HDMI cable attached, and then plug in the cable after the PC is powered up, I get a perfect signal. However, if I restart the PC (or power the PC off and back on) the television remains on the "No Signal" screen. It's as if something about the Windows startup is not waking the television up, although the TV does get some signal from the PC, because a message pops up in the corner of the screen saying the hdmi port is now available.

I have gone through extensive troubleshooting with the HP help forum, following all the typical steps; uninstalling drivers, bios updates, AMD chip updates, clean install of Windows using the Media Creation Tool download, etc. There was about a 5-day period where I thought the problem was resolved, and then it went back to not functioning properly (maybe a Windows Update messed it up again, I can't be sure).

The TV functions perfectly with all other devices, including different laptop and desktop PCs I have tested. Similarly, the PC is functioning correctly with my old Samsung LED TV and a Samsung monitor I own. The problem must be with the communication between the PC and 65C9 on startup. I have tried different cables and different ports on each device with the same results. I feel like there is a setting that I have missed that would solve all my problems. Please help!

Here is my discussion on the HP forums in case it helps explain the problem and my troubleshooting process.

My windows version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.592). I assume my other specs will be visible in my profile. Thanks for reading!

maxmt123, Jan 16, 2020
  3. A Guy Win User

This is an OLED OLED65C9PUA correct? I am an almost 30 year TV tech, so I'll try and help from the TV perspective. First an easy test to try, if it works, also an easy, if not irritating, workaround until you get the issue resolved

Try to connect as you usually would, assuming you get the no signal. change the TV to another input and back to the input the PC is connected to. Does it now connect? If so, this is the easy workaround for you. Also tells me the TV is not making the HDMI handshake when you try to connect.

Do you already have the TV on, and on the HDMI the PC is connected to when you boot the PC? If so, try either having the TV off, and turning it on after booting the PC, OR have the TV on another input, boot the PC, then change inputs to the HDMI where the PC is connected. Do either of these methods result in a signal each time?

Which input are you using? I believe HDMI 2 is ARC on your TV? In any case, have you tried another input, regardless of which you are using now? The HDMI inputs are 2.1, I'm unsure if the cable type could be an issue?

A Guy, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Szark Win User

4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem

Hello!

I'm trying to connect my new PC with a LG TV (49UF7077), but the TV keeps saying "no signal" no matter what I try. The TV sees that something is connected though. And the Geforce control panel quickly and correctly finds the TV and its native resolution and other options. Windows correctly allows extended desktop and other options. I'm using the latest Windows 10 Home and an EVGA GTX 1070 with the latest driver, and checked and controlled new HDMI cable.

What I've tried:
    * restarting everything
    * resetting the TV
    * trying different HDMI ports (although this TV clearly has one certain one which is "the right one" in terms of color support)
    * disabling "hdmi ultra deep color" (something which the TV suggests as a fix)
    * outputting to TV only (I also have the regular monitor on the DVI port)
    * lower resolutions (as if the hardware wouldn't support 4K60)
    * connecting a low end Windows 10 laptop using the same cable - WORKS!
    * contacting LG support (they couldn't give a solution)

Any ideas?

Szark, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart - Similar Threads - 65C9 Gets Signal

2. Fix no signal tv channel 8445 Al Rabat Riyadh lg tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix no signal tv channel 8445 Al Rabat Riyadh lg tv: Ldldldld https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-no-signal-tv-channel-8445-al-rabat-riyadh-lg/533df55a-8376-4e83-b47e-6aa8fae6d1ff
  3. Fix no signal tv channel 8445 Al Rabat Riyadh lg tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix no signal tv channel 8445 Al Rabat Riyadh lg tv: Ldldldld https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-no-signal-tv-channel-8445-al-rabat-riyadh-lg/533df55a-8376-4e83-b47e-6aa8fae6d1ff
  4. Connecting LG smart TV to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting LG smart TV to Windows 10 PC: Attached is how my CPU identifies the LG OLED Smart TV. My windows is up to date as are the drivers. The system is Miracast enabled and up to date. It seems like I have all the qualifications to connect to my tv but alas I cannot connect. Ive seen many tutorials say this will...
  5. Streaming from PC to LG TV

Streaming from PC to LG TV: Hi womder if there are any recommendations for streaming video from my PC to my TV ? tried using the LG offering but screen share wont play the MKV files even though it plays them from a HDD plugged into the TV. thanks 166300
  6. LG TV?

LG TV?: Can my hp laptop screenshare a Zoom conference with my LG TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-tv/7da4dd9c-2498-4d96-9b8d-255bc2993a7c
  7. LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    LG 65C9 TV Gets No Signal from Windows 10 DesktopPC After Each Restart: Hello everybody, this is my first post so apologies in advance if I don't follow forum rules/etiquette. I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop...
  8. LG 65C9 Television Gets No Signal from Windows 10 PC After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG 65C9 Television Gets No Signal from Windows 10 PC After Each Restart: Hello everybody, I have a unique problem with my new LG 65C9 television that is driving me crazy. I want to use the television as a monitor for my PC, a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 with AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. If I start the PC with no HDMI cable attached, and...
  9. Projecting Windows 10 to LG Smart TV not working

Projecting Windows 10 to LG Smart TV not working: I am trying to project my Windows 10 (on a Lenovo ideapad 305) to a LG Smart Tv. I have read all the advice on various sites and used the Screen Share app on the TV and gone onto the Project options on the action centre. I have checked all the settings on Advanced Sharing...
  10. Screenshare / Miracast from Windows 10 to LG Smart TV

Screenshare / Miracast from Windows 10 to LG Smart TV: Hi, I'm experiencing issues connecting my Windows 10 desktop for Screenshare/Miracast with an LG 49UK6400PLF and was hoping to get some solutions here. It works when connecting an Android device but not Windows for some reason? I'm using a Ralink 802.11n USB Wireless LAN...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC Windows 10 restart the video signal

2. lg tv miracast support uk