Windows 10: LG BD-R Not Burning

Discus and support LG BD-R Not Burning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until the upgrade to Windows 10 my LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L burned BD-R and DVD-R fine. Now under 10 every time I try to burn a DVD I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thunderclap, Dec 20, 2015.

1. LG BD-R Not Burning

Up until the upgrade to Windows 10 my LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L burned BD-R and DVD-R fine. Now under 10 every time I try to burn a DVD I get an error message that the disc can't be written to. I'm using the same brand I was back on 8.1 with no problems, but now errors.

Does anyone have a solution how to fix this problem? I've already looked on the LG site for drivers but there's nothing available. I really don't want to buy a new drive since I know this drive works.

:)

thunderclap, Dec 20, 2015

2. Blu ray not burn and not read dvd and cd

LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE

not burn and not read dvd and cd

PeterŠalamun, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Cannot copy a Blu-Ray data disc to my hard drive

Hello,

The drive is an internal LG drive.

I am using Verbatim BD-R TL 100 GB discs.

A smaller disc (a 25 GB Verbatim disc) copied successfully.

To reiterate, the burning software verified the data after the write.

williamj

williamj78, Dec 20, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

LG BD-R Not Burning

The drive uses standard Windows drivers, just like most optical drives since Windows 95.

Some people have had Windows Registry errors that have caused problems. Some are so bad as to make the drive invisible to Windows. I won't recommend any specific fixes because I haven't tried any.

The problem can be caused by installing 10 as an upgrade over an older OS. It might be fixed by a clean install. I know that can be a lot of work.

bobkn, Dec 20, 2015
  5. Thanks for the suggestion. This actually was a clean install of 10, not an upgrade. Sorry about the poor wording in my initial post.

6. bobkn Win User
    Yikes.

At this point, all that I can think of it to double check the hardware: if you have a bootable CD or DVD, try and boot from it. (Bypasses problems with Windows.)

bobkn, Dec 20, 2015
  7. The drive works fine for reading. I can even burn BD. It only has a problem with DVD burning for some reason.

8. bobkn Win User

LG BD-R Not Burning

I hope that it's not a dead red laser.

bobkn, Dec 21, 2015
  9. kipper Win User
    kipper, Dec 21, 2015
  10. I went ahead and ordered a new driver and lo and behold it burned fine, so your thought that it was the red laser seems to have been accurate. Strange it went out around the time I installed Windows 10 but oh well. New drive is working. Thanks again!

thunderclap, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LG BD-R Not Burning

1. LG BD-R Not Burning - Similar Threads - Burning

2. BURNING A CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BURNING A CD: I want to burn a CD but I don't know which option to choose been : As a USB or as a CD/DVD player. please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-a-cd/28ca2ea9-e98e-4737-8f9d-12a4bcf71e6c
  3. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  4. Burning CDs

Burning CDs: Hi Everyone. I was having difficulty burning my own recorded mp3's last year. I updated the playlist and used a writable cd and it finally worked...the whole 13 tracks burned to disc with Windows media Player. Fast forward a year I am wanting to burn another 13 tracks...
  5. Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format: I have been burning audio disks using Media Player for years. No problems. I change mp3 DL to WAV and burn the CD. Recently the program has been burning the tracks onto the disk in something with a .CDM extension. Plays on the computer but the disk is useless in a CD Player....
  6. Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD

Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD: When using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD, the result is files burned on the CD with a name of Track01.cda, Track02.cda, Track03.cda, etc. Each file is 1 KB in size. Further, the disk becomes write-protected so it must be thrown away. The original files...
  7. Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.

Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.: I have USB3 Blu ray burner. Using windows 10 explorer I drag and drop MP4 files. I the "transfer app" starts up each time and shows the file is "scheduled" to be burned but if I click on properties the disk shows no files ands states that 22.5gb is totally free. It...
  8. I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk": For the last maybe 17 years I've been annoyed by the existence of the "files ready to be burned to the disk" displayed in a window I've opened. I NEVER use the Windows native ability to burn CD/DVDs (I use 3rd party software that is way more capable). It's wasted screen space...
  9. burning CD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    burning CD's: When I try to burn a CD a pop up says some won't burn there should be a yellow triangle next to the songs that won't burn so I can find out why, but there is never a yellow triangle anywhere. How do I get past this to find the songs that won't burn?...
  10. How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer: How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-i-can-burn-a-dual-layered-dvd-on/493bf534-2b50-4eb3-9731-81d909275f53