Windows 10: LG BD-R Not Burning

Discus and support LG BD-R Not Burning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until the upgrade to Windows 10 my LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L burned BD-R and DVD-R fine. Now under 10 every time I try to burn a DVD I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thunderclap, Dec 20, 2015.

1. LG BD-R Not Burning

Up until the upgrade to Windows 10 my LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L burned BD-R and DVD-R fine. Now under 10 every time I try to burn a DVD I get an error message that the disc can't be written to. I'm using the same brand I was back on 8.1 with no problems, but now errors.

Does anyone have a solution how to fix this problem? I've already looked on the LG site for drivers but there's nothing available. I really don't want to buy a new drive since I know this drive works.

:)

thunderclap, Dec 20, 2015

2. Blu ray not burn and not read dvd and cd

LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE

not burn and not read dvd and cd

PeterŠalamun, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Cannot copy a Blu-Ray data disc to my hard drive

Hello,

The drive is an internal LG drive.

I am using Verbatim BD-R TL 100 GB discs.

A smaller disc (a 25 GB Verbatim disc) copied successfully.

To reiterate, the burning software verified the data after the write.

williamj

williamj78, Dec 20, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

LG BD-R Not Burning

The drive uses standard Windows drivers, just like most optical drives since Windows 95.

Some people have had Windows Registry errors that have caused problems. Some are so bad as to make the drive invisible to Windows. I won't recommend any specific fixes because I haven't tried any.

The problem can be caused by installing 10 as an upgrade over an older OS. It might be fixed by a clean install. I know that can be a lot of work.

bobkn, Dec 20, 2015
  5. Thanks for the suggestion. This actually was a clean install of 10, not an upgrade. Sorry about the poor wording in my initial post.

6. bobkn Win User
    Yikes.

At this point, all that I can think of it to double check the hardware: if you have a bootable CD or DVD, try and boot from it. (Bypasses problems with Windows.)

bobkn, Dec 20, 2015
  7. The drive works fine for reading. I can even burn BD. It only has a problem with DVD burning for some reason.

8. bobkn Win User

LG BD-R Not Burning

I hope that it's not a dead red laser.

bobkn, Dec 21, 2015
  9. kipper Win User
    kipper, Dec 21, 2015
  10. I went ahead and ordered a new driver and lo and behold it burned fine, so your thought that it was the red laser seems to have been accurate. Strange it went out around the time I installed Windows 10 but oh well. New drive is working. Thanks again!

thunderclap, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LG BD-R Not Burning

1. LG BD-R Not Burning - Similar Threads - Burning

2. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  3. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  4. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  6. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  7. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  9. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  10. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....