Windows 10: LG Blu-Ray Drive Stops Working in Windows 10

Discus and support LG Blu-Ray Drive Stops Working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the past, my LG Blu-Ray drive (WH14NS40) would periodically stop working in Windows 10. Usually, reconnecting the drive to a different SATA port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scubadoo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Scubadoo Win User

LG Blu-Ray Drive Stops Working in Windows 10

In the past, my LG Blu-Ray drive (WH14NS40) would periodically stop working in Windows 10. Usually, reconnecting the drive to a different SATA port would temporarily solve the problem. However, this time around none of the solutions posted on the Web worked, including uninstalling the drive and IDE controllers, updating drivers (for which there was no more recent driver), and even switching SATA ports. Although I could sometimes get Windows 10 to recognize the drive, the drive would not perform properly if at all.

Finally, out of desperation, I ran Mint Linux from a USB stick just to confirm that there was nothing wrong with the drive. The drive performed as expected so the problem was definitely not the hardware.

Oddly, though, after booting back into Windows 10, not only was the drive recognized but it could play music CDs, DVD movies, and Blu-Ray movies.

This might work for you if all else fails. I realize it doesn't make any sense but whether by coincidence or otherwise, running Linux restored my Blu-Ray drive.

:)

Scubadoo, Feb 8, 2019
  2. sabre444 Win User

LG BLU RAY DRIVE BH10LS38

HI,

MY LG BLU RAY DRIVE BH10LS38 IS NOT AVAILABLE , I HAVE WINDOWS 10,

ITS NOT VISIBLE ON DEVICE MANAGER

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME STEP BY STEP HOW TO SOLVE THIS PLEASE!

THANK YOU

sabre444, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Issues with ASUS DVD & LG Blu-ray players not working in Windows 10?

Windows 10 will not recognize the actual ASUS DVD & LG Blu-ray players installed in my PC? This issue also occurred in Windows 7.

I've followed suggestions for reg fixes and Windows fixes only for them to work temporally with the players eventually being lost to Windows again.

When I do get Windows to find the players the DVD player works on and off and the Blu-ray player won't play Blu-ray discs?

It's funny my computer won't start without a Windows 10 instillation DVD (made when Windows 10 first came out) in the Blu-ray player bay yet Windows 10 can't find the player when my compute is on?

Any suggestions to fix this permanently?

Thanks,

John

PS LG doesn't offer any drivers for their player either.

John'z Place, Feb 8, 2019
  4. kmfitx Win User

Blu-ray support?

I have Nero 2015 Platinum and after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the Blu-ray player stopped working. Nero 2016 being pitched for Windows 10 doesn't include the Blu-ray player. Windows 10 caused some sort of incompatibility with Nero 2015's
    Blu-ray player and my LG Blu-ray drives. My device manager sees them only as CD-ROM devices in Windows 10. They were Blu-ray players and burners in Windows 8.1.

Did Hollywood jack up the licensing so much as a means to defeat its inclusion and as a means to defeat copying? Yes Cyber-Link is an option for @ $79 which is a little high for basically a player only.

kmfitx, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. LG Blu-Ray Drive Stops Working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blu Ray Drive

2. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  3. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  4. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  6. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.: I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them...
  7. blu-ray drive inop.

blu-ray drive inop.: My blu-ray/cd/dvd drive no longer works since update from windows vista to windows 10 (on sony vaio vgc-lv1s desktop pc). The drive is Matshita BD-MLT UJ-225S USB DEVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-drive-inop/bc21d943-0c1e-4347-b5aa-21d047ade0e7
  8. LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10

LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10: My drive stopped working although it is recognized in bios and Device Manager. I've tried all the regedit tricks (upper filters, etc.). Previously the EnumDevice1 trick in regedit worked, but a week later the drive stopped working again. I've uninstalled the device,...
  9. LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.

LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.: We moved and I've finally got my network up only to find my desktop's Blueray burner won't. I suppose that in the move the cable(s) might have slipped loose? But to troubleshoot I'm thinking I should delete the driver and reload it to get the latest Win10 version? Anybody got...
  10. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluray player stops working

2. LG BLU RAY WN16NS40 WINDOWS 10CANT SEE IT