Windows 10: LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.

Discus and support LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I am unable to use my external bluray drive lg bd50nb40 that I have been able to use for the last 5 years, it shows up in devices and device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by batkinson001, Feb 18, 2020.

1. LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.

Hey all, I am unable to use my external bluray drive lg bd50nb40 that I have been able to use for the last 5 years, it shows up in devices and device management with the windows 10 driver showing as successfully installed but not in This computer my computer, shows hard drives only nor in any apps I would use with the drive.

I have only just noticed this tonight but I haven't used it for the last couple of weeks to a month so I am not sure how long this has been happening.

:)

batkinson001, Feb 18, 2020

2. Internal LG burner installed but not recognized in Windows 10

Thank you for the suggestions. I updated the latest chipset drivers for my Dell computer and also rescanned and refreshed as you suggested. When I look at the drives on my computer, the bluray burner drive does not show up as an option to select. The bluray
    burner did not come with any software at all. I went to LG's website for drivers for WH16NS40 bluray burner and it lists software and firmware updates but these seem to be related to people who upgraded to Windows 10 from another version. I started to go ahead
    and install but there was a warning that the drive could be corrupted so I was afraid to download it. I have the LG version bluray burner.

RonaldTaylorT, Feb 18, 2020
  3. BluRay drive not recognized after Windows 10 update

I'm facing a big problem with my LG BH16NS40 BluRay drive after updating Windows 10.

The device won't get recognized by Windows but is normally recognized on the BIOS. On Device Manager, it's listed on hidden devices with error code 45 (device not connected). It shouldn't be a bad cable since the BIOS recognizes it.

There's also an "Unknown device" entry on the Disk drives sublist. And when I go to Disk Management, it asks me to "initialize disk" - it should be the BluRay drive. But I have no idea why Windows thinks my BluRay drive is a hard disk.

I've tried three things I found on the Internet:

• Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Hardware and Devices (it reads that changes have been made to the system, but I restarted and nothing changed)
    • Delete Upper Filters and Lower Filters entries on the registry. Reboot.
    • Open elevated Command Prompt and enter reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001. Reboot.
    None of those solutions solved my problem. I did other things as well:

I tried to update the firmware (downloaded by LG's website) but it wouldn't find something to update (as far as I remember, there was a message about ATAPI missing or something like this).

I had also sent LG a support ticket, but they only told me to uninstall IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager. Of course, it didn't work.

I read somewhere on the Internet that it might work on SATA2 - but my motherboard only has SATA3 connections.

Note that the drive was working normally on Windows 10 before this specific update (must be one of those three: KB3116278 / KB3140741 / KB3147458).

My system:

Windows 10

Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6/ac X99

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 3.5 GHz

RAM: Kingston Hyper X Predator 16GB DDR4

Any help to make me understand what is going wrong would be appreciated! I'm having a really hard time solving the mystery.

saveourlives, Feb 18, 2020
  4. pk091 Win User

LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.

Upgraded to windows 10 and my bluray drive won't show up on drives

I had windows 7 and it was working like a champ. so well in fact I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to windows 10. but I did because people I talked to said I should. So I upgraded to 10 and my dvd drive shows in the list of drives but the bluray doesn not
    show up. When I put a movie in the dvd drive it's alittle choppy enough to be noticeable.

But I don't understand why the bluray worked just fine before the upgrade and is not even noticed by windows 10 at all.

on a side note ITunes music is still in its folders on my other hard drive but since windows 10 install ITunes is looking at my c disk which is a Samsung vevo card. I wanted my family music on the other HD so not to take up space on the c drive. Is there
    an easy way to get all the music back into iTunes and NOT use the c drive. the Samsung care just isn't that big.

pk091, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.

1. LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore. - Similar Threads - bluray drive does

2. External hard drive will not show up on computer anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive will not show up on computer anymore: All of a sudden none of my 3 external hard drives will show up on my computer. No where. Not in disk management, not in device manager even viewing hidden. No where, no nothing, I just don't get it. No hardware changes or anything for my computer. Tried other usb connections...
  3. External hard drive will not show up on computer anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive will not show up on computer anymore: All of a sudden none of my 3 external hard drives will show up on my computer. No where. Not in disk management, not in device manager even viewing hidden. No where, no nothing, I just don't get it. No hardware changes or anything for my computer. Tried other usb connections...
  4. Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore: I have mapped 2 drives from my house PC to my laptop. I have full access to the drives and they work just fine: However, when i go to settings, backup, and it asks to select a drive, it USED to see my mapped drives, and now it shows "no drives available" If i put in a usb...
  5. Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore: I have mapped 2 drives from my house PC to my laptop. I have full access to the drives and they work just fine: However, when i go to settings, backup, and it asks to select a drive, it USED to see my mapped drives, and now it shows "no drives available" If i put in a usb...
  6. Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. bluray optical drive no longer shows up in windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluray optical drive no longer shows up in windows 10 after update: my pc recently updated and since the update, 1 of my 2 bluray drives both external usb2 no longer shows up in windows. not in explorer nor device manager. it shows up in the BIOS and works fine on another computer afaik it hasnt been updated in maybe a month or so, so the...
  8. BluRay Drive LG WH16NS40 Not Detected by Windows

BluRay Drive LG WH16NS40 Not Detected by Windows: Hi! I use an HP laptop with Windows 10. And for the life of me, I cannot get the system to detect the internal Bluray drive I purchased secondhand to burn a few discs. The drive is connected via an SATA to USB cable, but it does not show up anywhere in the device manager...
  9. Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions?

Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions?: Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Appears in device manager. Driver uptodate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-build-1803-will-not-recognize-lg-bluray/21b8b2a8-c9b5-4ff4-830f-57e8540b3d01
  10. LG Bluray Player, WH16NS40, very slow on a clean Win10 install

LG Bluray Player, WH16NS40, very slow on a clean Win10 install: Folks, I have an LG WH16NS40, SATA, in my rig. I've just performed a clean Win10 install. The drive (Bluray) is VERRRRY slow. I've got the latest firmware (released almost a year ago, v1.02). Device manager shows Win10 using driver version 10.0.10586.0 from June 21, 2006....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lg blueray dvd player bd50nb40 driver