Windows 10: LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It appears that LG is working on another variant of the Gram series ultrabook that could be unveiled next year. What makes LP Gram lineup special is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 23, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop

It appears that LG is working on another variant of the Gram series ultrabook that could be unveiled next year. What makes LP Gram lineup special is, of course, their weight. They’re actually some of the lightest and thinnest Windows 10 notebooks around with powerful performance.

LG is reportedly working on a new variant of Gram ultrabook and it may come with a large 17-inch display. Different models of LG Gram featuring 17-inch screen were spotted on FCC and while there are no additional details in the FCC listing, it’s likely that the LG Gram 17 could be a tad heavier than other members of the LG Gram family.

There are filings for multiple LG Gram laptops with a 17-inch display. This device is likely to feature a 17-inch display as the two numbers at the beginning indicate the screen size. For example, the 15-inch models had model numbers starting with the number 15.

According to the FCC filing, the LG’s “17Z990” might offer the same array of ports. This includes three full-size USB ports, USB Type-C slot, one HDMI, one microSD and the device will also retain the headphone jack.

LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop LG-Gram-17-FCC.jpg

The LG Gram 17 might also feature an Ethernet adapter, and of course, the standard wireless connections 802.11ac WiFi or Bluetooth capabilities will be included as well.

There are many OEMs who make laptops with a large 17-inch display. While most people these days prefer smaller laptops with a big focus on portability and mobility, plenty of gamers are interested in laptops with large screens as such devices apparently offer a better gaming experience.

The Gram lineup from LG has been seen as the competitor to Apple MacBook Air. The thin bezel design, a large display in a compact chassis looks premium. At the moment, LG offers the Gram with 13.3-inch, 14-inch and 15.6-inch.

LG Grab 2019 lineup will also include variants with smaller screen size, better battery backup, upgraded hardware and design tweaks. LG might unveil the next-generation Gram lineup at CES 2019 with Intel’s latest processors and improved SSD storage options.

The post LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 23, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

LG Electronics Makes Laptop Debut In U.S. With Windows 10 'Gram' Series

LG Electronics USA announced a U.S. market first: the launch of LG's line of premium lightweight laptops - LG gram series. LG gram laptops are available now at Microsoft stores across the country as well as online at Microsoft Store and Amazon. Named the LG gram as a nod to the devices' extremely light weight, the line is perfect for the everyday user looking for a high-performance laptop that is portability and durable with a sleek, modern design.

In fact, the LG gram 14 is among the lightest laptops in the 14-inch category, weighing only 2.16 pounds - less than the MacBook Air. In addition, the body is made of carbon-lithium and carbon-magnesium, the same materials found in spacecraft and race cars, giving the LG gram 14 an exceptionally strong rugged framework that stands up to everyday life while remaining lightweight. Finally, at just a half-inch thin, the LG gram 14 can be packed up and taken anywhere easily.

LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop 108a_thm.jpg

LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop 108b_thm.jpg

"LG has a long history of developing innovative consumer electronics products and has applied that expertise, along with its laptop success in other markets, to the LG gram series in the U.S.," said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. "We recognize this is an extremely competitive category, and are confident consumers will respond well to this product that combines powerful performance with lightweight design."

"We're thrilled that LG is bringing the LG gram series of premium devices with Windows 10 to the U.S.," said Peter Han, vice president of worldwide OEM marketing, Microsoft Corp. "LG delivers sound and display innovation in a sleek, lightweight device that brings to life some of the exciting new features in Windows 10, including Cortana and Microsoft Edge."

LG Gram Partners with Best-in-Class Software Providers
    The launch of LG's first laptop series in the U.S. is perfectly timed with the debut of Windows 10, setting the stage for a new player in the laptop game that Windows lovers can use with ease. The LG gram series comes fully equipped with Windows 10, including Cortana and Microsoft Edge for a more personal and productive computing experience. All are Microsoft Signature Edition laptops, which means a clean, fast and protected experience - each PC is free of installed junkware, is performance-tuned and has a fully virus-protected system. It also delivers powerful performance with fifth generation Intel Core processor (either Intel Core i5 or i7).

"Intel is excited to partner with LG in bringing LG laptop products to the U.S. market," said Navin Shenoy, corporate vice president and general manager, Mobility Client Platforms Group, Intel. "With Intel Core processors delivering a balance of performance, rich graphics and great battery life, we think the LG gram series is a compelling new offering for consumers."

LG Gram Delivers Lightweight Design with High-Caliber Features
    The LG gram series provides users with the portability of a slim, lightweight laptop design without sacrificing performance, speed or access to a plethora of connectivity options. It supports the latest standards for connectivity, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless technology, along with extra ports for USB 3.0, a micro-USB and micro-SD slot. It also comes with a built-in HDMI port, which is uncommon among laptops of this size, which generally require HDMI adaptors.

With LG gram's instant boot feature, the operating system starts up immediately when the user opens the display whether it's totally powered off or simply in sleep/hibernation mode. It also boasts a battery life of up to 7.5 hours, allowing most users to enjoy a full day's use in a single charge.

Following in the tradition of LG's breathtaking TV displays, LG gram series also offers a rich viewing experience with Full HD picture quality, boasting a 1920 x 1080 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio for a more lifelike, immersive viewing experience. The display also features LG's In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, which ensures accurate color saturation and contrast, even at wide viewing angles.

"Reader Mode" provides optimal conditions for reading by reducing blue light, helping to protect your eyes and allow for comfortable reading during extended periods of time. LG gram series also offers advanced sound quality thanks to its built-in Digital-to-Analog converter (DAC), which allows users to experience hi-fi quality sound with less noise and distortion.

Three models comprise the LG gram laptop series:
    • LG gram 13 - 13-inch model in white with Intel Core i5, 8GB of memory and 128GB of storage Model 13Z950-A.AA3WU1. Weight: 2.16 pounds. Suggested price: $899
    • LG gram 14 - 14-inch model in gold with Intel Core i5, 8GB of memory and 128GB of storage Model 14Z950-A.AA3GU1. Weight: 2.16 pounds. Suggested price: $999
    • LG gram 14 - 14-inch model in gold with Intel Core i7, 8GB of memory and 256GB of storage 14Z950-A Model 14Z950-A.AA4GU1. Weight: 2.16 pounds. Suggested price: $1,399

btarunr, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - working inch lightweight

2. 11 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    11 inch laptop: this is a repost from the surface subforum . i was asked by moderator Barb to move it here. here is the link for the original posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/11-inch-laptop/5a4e7079-138d-4a90-a196-6fd1806d3a77i am looking for ANY information on...
  3. 11 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    11 inch laptop: this is a repost from the surface subforum . i was asked by moderator Barb to move it here. here is the link for the original posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/11-inch-laptop/5a4e7079-138d-4a90-a196-6fd1806d3a77i am looking for ANY information on...
  4. 11 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. 14 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    14 inch laptop: I want to get a 14 inch laptop in the summer. I want some tips. Can people give me tips on a good 14 inch laptop with: i5 or i7 11th generation CPU, MX350 or Intel Iris Xe, 16GB DDR4 or LPDDR4 of ram, traditional hard drive with SSD or only SSD, Windows hello? Any brand is...
  6. LG introduces 48 inch bendable gaming OLED display

in Windows 10 News
    LG introduces 48 inch bendable gaming OLED display: [img] SEOUL, Korea (Jan. 3, 2021) – LG Display, the world’s leading innovator of display technologies, announced today that it will showcase the world's first 48-inch Bendable Cinematic Sound OLED (CSO) optimized for gaming at CES 2021. The 48-inch...
  7. Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool: Windows 10 currently comes with built-in video recording tool that is part of the Xbox app and it works very well if you have to record a simple video of your actions in apps and games. To make video and GIF recording and editing easier for you, Microsoft is working on a new...
  8. Is this the right driver for my laptop ? LG Gram 17 (2020)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this the right driver for my laptop ? LG Gram 17 (2020): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ieb4zz/is_this_the_right_driver_for_my_laptop_lg_gram_17/
  9. Surface Laptop 2 cant display properly on LG Ultrawide 34 inch monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Laptop 2 cant display properly on LG Ultrawide 34 inch monitor.: I recently bought a LG Ultrawide 21:9 34 inch monitor and I tried connecting my Surface Laptop 2 to the monitor. Connecting to the monitor it self isnt a problem; however, I cannot select a 2560x1080 resolution for the surface laptop 2 which is the resolution needed to...
  10. Windows 10 lightweight???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lightweight???: I've been seeing some pages on the net about light-weight versions of windows, and recently moved my old win7 computer to lubuntu, a lightweight version of linux ubuntu, and I really am happy about the boost in performance. I have a windows 10 computer that is pretty slow,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LG gram windows tweaks

2. lg gram instant boot