Windows 10: LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal"

Discus and support LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/woopsteez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9cjxt/lg_monitor_connects_for_5_seconds_then/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/woopsteez, Feb 25, 2020.

1. LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal"

/u/woopsteez, Feb 25, 2020

2. The resolution is off and display is off when connected to LG TV Windows 10

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • How exactly is your laptop connected to LG TV?
    • Is it through HDMI cable?
    Firstly I would suggest you to update the display drivers and then try to set up multiple monitors.

Follow the below steps to update the Graphics card drivers and check if it helps:

• Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
    • Click on the “Display adapters” to expand the list.
    • Right-click on drivers and update it.
    • If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
    • Restart the PC
    I also suggest you to refer to the link for more information:

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Display settings for PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

(Applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Raybo58 Win User
    Connecting second monitor causes lockup.

Howdy folks,

Scenario: I have an old TV right next to my monitor (which is a new smart TV) so I can be entertained while I work at home. Recently, I decided to cut the cord and ditch cable. In its place, I wanted to connect the old TV to my computer and use it to watch media of my choosing as I work.

So, I bought an iMeshbean HDMI to 3RCA AV CVBS Composite & S-Video R-L Audio Converter Adapter Upscaler. I unboxed it and plugged it in and it worked from the get-go with no hassles. No drivers supplied or required. The1080 only has one HDMI out, so I used a DVI to HDMI adapter to make the connection to the converter.

A few weeks later, I had some issues with my USB controllers acting up and, after following many suggested fixes, I had changed a lot of registry settings, Windows settings, device settings, BIOS settings, etc, etc, etc.

At some point, my system began failing to boot. It would just hang after POST, black screen forever as the HD light flickered occasionally. After much gnashing of teeth, I eventually tried disconnecting the second monitor and everything booted up fine. So I began testing.

When there's no source plugged into the converter, it displays color bars with a "No Signal" message on the old TV. If the old TV has no source, it just displays a black screen.

I'll boot up with the main monitor connected. After Windows has fully finished loading, I try plugging in the second monitor by way of the converter. My main monitor always goes to a blank screen with a "No Signal" message. The second monitor doesn't change, still displaying the color bars.

The HD light blinks furiously for several minutes but then slows down to about a slow heartbeat fairly shortly. Neither video signal ever comes back. If I wait another 5 minutes or so, the second monitor goes gray, not black, so it's getting a signal.

If I wait another 5 minutes, the lights on my mouse and keyboard go out. Another 5 minutes and they come back on. Another 5 minutes and the color bars return. And that's the end of the show. No other feedback after that series of events. Before the problems, the second monitor would always snap into shape within a second of being plugged in.

During limbo, I've tried typing various things to provoke a response. Ctrl-ALt-Del, Alt-F4, Alt-Tab, etc. Nothing seems to have an effect. I have my power button configured to trigger a soft shutdown. On rare occasions, if I press it early, the system will shut itself down. Most of the time, it doesn't.

So, I tried booting up with nothing but the second monitor plugged in. Works fine. When I go to add my main monitor, the same sequence occurs. Each monitor works fine on its own, but when both are connected, the system chokes.

I figured some dev config file or reg entry got corrupted, so I went to the Device Manager, enabled Hidden Device view, and uninstalled the grayed-out PnP Monitor entries and the HDMI to AV-0 audio device entries in the hopes that Windows would attempt to reacquire clean device info. Didn't work.

Things I've tried so far...

Power cycle the PC and the converter.
    Switched out HDMI cables with newer, higher rated ones (NAXA HDMI 1.4 compliant cable).
    Uninstalled unused, but still listed, monitor drivers.
    Cleared CMOS.
    Reviewed BIOS settings.
    Ran Windows Update and updated Video Card drivers.
    Checked that I had the latest BIOS update.

Any thoughts?

Raybo58, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Gman_640 Win User

LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal"

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal"

1. LG Monitor connects for 5 seconds then disconnects and displays "No Signal" - Similar Threads - Monitor connects seconds

2. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  3. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  4. Can you use a monitor as a second display for a Windows 11 LG Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use a monitor as a second display for a Windows 11 LG Laptop?: Can you use a monitor not a computer as a second display for a Windows 11 LG Laptop? I tried detecting and connecting to a display, but neither worked. I...
  5. Can you use a monitor as a second display for a Windows 11 LG Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use a monitor as a second display for a Windows 11 LG Laptop?: Can you use a monitor not a computer as a second display for a Windows 11 LG Laptop? I tried detecting and connecting to a display, but neither worked. I...
  6. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  7. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  8. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?: Hi all I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo EV2336W monitors, one VGA to VGA and one HDMI to VGA. About a month or more ago I lost signal on the HDMI one & noticed the HDMI part was bent, I...
  9. Second display no signal

Second display no signal: Since the 1703 update, when windows 10 boot to login in screen, the two displays will go into 'power saving' status. Then windows 10 only give signature to main display. Second one no signature unless I do win+p key and select another display mode, then back to 'extend'. The...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...