Windows 10: LG slim external disc drive problem

Discus and support LG slim external disc drive problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the LG slim external drive which is generally good and reads all discs so far except it is failing to read Maxell CD-R discs from a few years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Killallspiders, Oct 31, 2020.

1. LG slim external disc drive problem

I have the LG slim external drive which is generally good and reads all discs so far except it is failing to read Maxell CD-R discs from a few years ago. Can this be fixed or do I need to buy another type of external drive? I am using windows 10.

:)

Killallspiders, Oct 31, 2020

2. LG Slim portable DVD Writer

I just received my new LG slim portable external DVD writer and cannot get it to work. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I have inserted the DVD that came with it and it seems to be read and a few minutes later the writer opens and says insert DVD. I have
    done this but am unable to open or view my DVD. When I open documents to check Drive E it is not there. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

SaraXavier1, Oct 31, 2020
  3. L.C.S. Win User
    external disc drive

I have an external disc drive which my laptop recognizes once plugged in. However upon selecting the external disc drive (D) and inserting a cd nothing happens and I cannot name the cd in the drive, open it or upload it. It's obvious that I'm missing
    something and require technical help. Anyone with a solution or suggestion? Thank you.

L.C.S., Oct 31, 2020
  4. RJHBD71 Win User

LG slim external disc drive problem

Cannot connect LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4

I am trying to connect a LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4 and after insuring all updates are current to my system and plugged directly into USB port of the surface it is not registering. I can hear the drive "whir" at start-up but nothing happens.

Any suggests?

Thanks

RJHBD71, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

LG slim external disc drive problem

1. LG slim external disc drive problem - Similar Threads - slim external disc

2. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About my external disc drive: I bought a external disc drive for my laptop and it said it was blocked for my protection but I follow the prompts that I read and my screen on my laptop went black...
  3. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About my external disc drive: I bought a external disc drive for my laptop and it said it was blocked for my protection but I follow the prompts that I read and my screen on my laptop went black...
  4. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External disc drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External disc drive doesn't work: External disc drive does not work with Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-drive-doesnt-work/47a2fc9a-5b75-4548-944f-9d19edfbe7bf
  6. External disc drive doesn't work

External disc drive doesn't work: External disc drive does not work with Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-drive-doesnt-work/47a2fc9a-5b75-4548-944f-9d19edfbe7bf
  7. External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.

External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.: I bought a USB 3.0 Portable Optical Slim CD/DVD Burner Player RW Drive. It's from Mekkoz. I bought it on Amazon. It's plug & play. That part works, but it won't recognize any media, even with discs I know works in other devices. The driver is up to date supposedly. It also...
  8. LG Slim Portable DVD writer doesn't work

LG Slim Portable DVD writer doesn't work: Hi; I have the above DVD writer/player and it will not work I constantly get the error message "Directory drive is invalid", I have check deice manager and everything there seems to indicate that it should work. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. LG Slim portable DVD Writer

LG Slim portable DVD Writer: I just received my new LG slim portable external DVD writer and cannot get it to work. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I have inserted the DVD that came with it and it seems to be read and a few minutes later the writer opens and says insert DVD. I have done this but am...
  10. LG ULTRA SLIM PORTABLE DVD WRITER GP60

LG ULTRA SLIM PORTABLE DVD WRITER GP60: HI, I have the aforementioned DVD player, but have lost the install disc and now it will not read CDs or DVDs. Can you help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-ultra-slim-portable-dvd-writer-gp60/4be70320-28fc-4625-a4f7-7c3bda4549cc