Windows 10: LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines

Discus and support LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wonder if you could help with transferring policy settings from one PC to another. I have used MMC with GPEDIT snap-in to create a fairly robust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bakelentil, Dec 17, 2018.

1. LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines

I wonder if you could help with transferring policy settings from one PC to another.

I have used MMC with GPEDIT snap-in to create a fairly robust lock-down policy for non-admin users on my setup machine which I have saved in My Documents folder. I want to apply this policy to other target machines. All the machines are running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and are 'stand alone' machines, not part of a network or domain etc.

I've tried using the latest version of the LGPO.exe utility from Microsoft but it doesn't seem to work. The backup and restore seems to go through ok but when I sign into the non-admin account none of the policies have been applied.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? I'm working at the limits of my knowledge here so simple answers with explained jargon would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Bakelentil, Dec 17, 2018
  2. fdegrove Win User

Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

Hi,

Had the same issue on a number of occasions. This is what solved it for me:

Steps to fix 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message in Windows 10
    Make sure you have administrator rights and follow the steps below:

Step 1: Launch Run prompt by right clicking the Windows Start menu icon. Type in gpedit.msc and click OK or Enter.
    Step 2: In Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    Step 3: Find the Allow Telemetry item and double-click it to edit the policies.
    Step 4: Change the setting to Enabled. Change the drop-down menu entry to 3-Full and click Apply.
    Step 5: Now open the item again and change its Setting to Not configured and hit the Save button.
    The message should no longer stop you from accessing various system settings in Windows 10.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines

1. LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines - Similar Threads - LGPO transfer policy

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  4. How to transfer settings between two windows installs on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer settings between two windows installs on the same machine?: Recently I began having boot up issues, well more precisely the destop would take ~15 minutes to load. After doing the usual backup, attempting to restore system images, etc I decided I would install windows on the second drive and see if that helped. Its seems to load just...
  5. How to transfer settings between two windows installs on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer settings between two windows installs on the same machine?: Recently I began having boot up issues, well more precisely the destop would take ~15 minutes to load. After doing the usual backup, attempting to restore system images, etc I decided I would install windows on the second drive and see if that helped. Its seems to load just...
  6. How to transfer settings between two windows installs on the same machine?

7. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  8. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  9. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

10. Using Macrium Reflect to transfer data between two machines

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium Reflect to transfer data between two machines: I need help with using Macrium Reflect (v7.2.5107.0) to transfer data on XPS13 laptop running W7 to the newly formatted and empty partition DATA (D:) on 2nd (and newer) XPS13 laptop running W10. Ive made backup image of W10 system partitions, using MR to a folder on an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transferring Windows Group Policy Settings

2. lgpo windows 10

3. lgpo.exe not working

4. LGPO.exe get user Windows Settings,
  5. how to import lgpo to another computer,
  6. lgpo windows update settings,
  7. lgpo.exe /r user rights