Windows 10: libguestfs tool for modyfing etc VM images of any type of VM

Discus and support libguestfs tool for modyfing etc VM images of any type of VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks some of you might like to examine, modify etc files within a VM offline, P2V,V2V,V2P etc etc. This tool is brilliant for this stuff. Handles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 28, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

libguestfs tool for modyfing etc VM images of any type of VM

Hi folks
    some of you might like to examine, modify etc files within a VM offline, P2V,V2V,V2P etc etc.

This tool is brilliant for this stuff. Handles VMWare images etc

although a Linux tool you can use it within a Linux VM itself on a Windows Host to handle other VM images.

libguestfs, library for accessing and modifying VM disk images

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 28, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    some of you might like to examine, modify etc files within a VM offline, P2V,V2V,V2P etc etc.

This tool is brilliant for this stuff. Handles VMWare images etc

although a Linux tool you can use it within a Linux VM itself on a Windows Host to handle other VM images.

libguestfs, library for accessing and modifying VM disk images

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 29, 2020
  3. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services | Microsoft Docs

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, May 29, 2020
  4. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. libguestfs tool for modyfing etc VM images of any type of VM - Similar Threads - libguestfs tool modyfing

2. vm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vm: Hi, how do I make a windows 10/11 vm? Does it take up storage? How long does it take? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vm/1a3d5b48-75fb-4c22-b003-3a36eb744e7e
  3. vm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vm: Hi, how do I make a windows 10/11 vm? Does it take up storage? How long does it take? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vm/1a3d5b48-75fb-4c22-b003-3a36eb744e7e
  4. W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's: Hi folks So far got HYPER-V to run on a Virtual machine creating a lower level W10 VM - The W2K19 machine is itself a VM running on under KVM/QEMU So far only got Gen 1 to work -- with Gen 2 machine starts but no video - will look at that later but here's the Gen 1 VM So...
  5. VM's and some type of Unity Mode

VM's and some type of Unity Mode: Hi folks Is there anyway to have chosen applications on the GUEST as icons on the HOST so that if you wanted to run an application on the VM you wouldn't have to switch into the VM (can only be done of course if HOST and GUEST are on the same machine) to launch the...
  6. VMvare Tools install fail on some VM's

VMvare Tools install fail on some VM's: I've been messing around with virtual machines for a couple of months. Lots of fun! Started from scratch without knowing or understanding anything and I got to the stage where I thought I knew everything and then all the way to realizing i understand very little, and still...
  7. Remote Server Administration Tools on a VM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Server Administration Tools on a VM: Anyone had any luck running RSAT on Win10 Pro running as a Parallels VM on a Macbook Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-server-administration-tools-on-a-vm/60667970-7c65-40ca-994b-88d61bc63f68
  8. Remote Server Administration Tools on a VM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Server Administration Tools on a VM: Anyone had any luck running RSAT on Win10 Pro running as a Parallels VM on a Macbook Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-server-administration-tools-on-a-vm/60667970-7c65-40ca-994b-88d61bc63f68
  9. VM

VM: Dell XPS 8300, RAM 6 GB, Win 1803 I have had no success building a VM; I know my ram is low but every time I follow a tutorial I get to a point where the tutorial and my screen differ. I like to try new things and a VM would do the trick so if the ram is enough for a small...
  10. VM

VM: Good evening, What is VM exactly and how does it work? I want to run Linux and was told something about VM so that I can run Windows for my other software. 102880