Windows 10: Libraries folders are empty, please help.

Discus and support Libraries folders are empty, please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Went to listen to a song yesterday. Found all my folders in Music, and they were all empty. As were the folders in Videos, Pictures, Downloads,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doom_and_gloom2, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Libraries folders are empty, please help.

Went to listen to a song yesterday. Found all my folders in Music, and they were all empty. As were the folders in Videos, Pictures, Downloads, Documents and all none foldered files were also gone. Checked hidden, nothing. Searched for file name, nothing. EaseUS Recovery sees them, but can't get them (all corrupted when recovered).

I am a teacher, I am working for home. Please help.

submitted by /u/Doom_and_gloom2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doom_and_gloom2, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Libraries folders are empty, please help.

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Libraries folders are empty, please help.

1. Libraries folders are empty, please help. - Similar Threads - Libraries folders are

2. Microsoft Store library is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store library is empty: When I run Microsoft Store and go to the library it shows all my apps/games as "Owned" but not downloaded shows a cloud with a down arrow in it although my apps are downloaded and can be run.I've tried running wsreset and resetting my machine but is still doesn't help.I'm...
  3. Microsoft Store library is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store library is empty: When I run Microsoft Store and go to the library it shows all my apps/games as "Owned" but not downloaded shows a cloud with a down arrow in it although my apps are downloaded and can be run.I've tried running wsreset and resetting my machine but is still doesn't help.I'm...
  4. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  5. My library in Windows store is empty

My library in Windows store is empty: After last few updates My Library option is emty in Windows Store. How to fix it? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-library-in-windows-store-is-empty/8fd8b18d-a4a0-43c4-9a8c-b3d76bb579fd
  6. Microsoft store library empty.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store library empty.: There are no items coming up in my library to download. I've tried clearing the store cache and running the repair too but there are still no items coming up. I'm running Windows 10 home - 10.0.18363 Build 18363...
  7. My Library is empty in Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Library is empty in Windows Store: I noticed yesterday when checking for updates on Windows Store for my installed apps that My Library is empty. The Store shows my installed apps and games, but my All Owned and Ready To Install is empty. This is a fresh up to date install of Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, and...
  8. Microsoft Store: My Library 'Empty'

Microsoft Store: My Library 'Empty': I can't seem to find any on-line help for this problem. When I open MS Store on my W10 machines, opening My Library has no apps listed on it. In reality, I must have accumulated more than a hundred over the years since W10 was first released. Strangely, looking at the...
  9. How to delete an empty folder from a library?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete an empty folder from a library?: . The attached screenshot shows an empty Downloads folder in a Win XP-type of folder setup. I accidentally moved this empty folder from my C:\Users folder. The folder is empty because my Downloads are actually on the E partition, as you can see from the screenshot. The...
  10. Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty: Hello, I have this weird problem with my music library folder. When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty. The problem is, that I have over 7000 mp3 files in the folder, and it doesn't sort by Album for example. How...