Windows 10: Libraries sorting always reset

Discus and support Libraries sorting always reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Libraries sorting always reset when I close that window. I try to sorting group by name and its working only in one time only. After this I closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UDESH89, Jan 8, 2019.

1. UDESH89 Win User

Libraries sorting always reset

My Libraries sorting always reset when I close that window.

I try to sorting group by name and its working only in one time only.

After this I closed window and open window again that sorting is gone and it was reset.

Then I reformat my PC (Windows version 1803) and its working only for few weeks. After came problem again. So I do that again I install windows latest Build version 1809. it also working only few weeks. then problem is same. I am using genuine windows 10.

what was my problem.

Please help me.

:)

UDESH89, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Libraries sorting always reset

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Libraries sorting always reset

1. Libraries sorting always reset - Similar Threads - Libraries sorting always

2. windows Pin always resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows Pin always resetting: my windows 11 pin, to sign into windows on my person home computer is always asking to be reset. specifically, it says " your organization requires you to change your pin."this is a home personal computer and I'm the only one that uses it, there is no organization and i never...
  3. windows Pin always resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Pin always resetting: my windows 11 pin, to sign into windows on my person home computer is always asking to be reset. specifically, it says " your organization requires you to change your pin."this is a home personal computer and I'm the only one that uses it, there is no organization and i never...
  4. Windows 11 sort by date updated shows folders always at top

Windows 11 sort by date updated shows folders always at top: In Windows 10, when I sorted a folder by date updated to show the most recently updated files at the top, it would always show the recent files at top and then at the bottom show all of the folders. If I sorted it the reverse way it would do folders at top and files on...
  5. reset always fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset always fails: It keeps on failing no matter what. I tried to reset my PC and manually uninstall everything first to make sure that there is no application that will block the process however it will not continue and it will stop. I need to force the computer to shutdown to use it again. Im...
  6. reset always fails

reset always fails: It keeps on failing no matter what. I tried to reset my PC and manually uninstall everything first to make sure that there is no application that will block the process however it will not continue and it will stop. I need to force the computer to shutdown to use it again. Im...
  7. reset always fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. sort photos and videos into corresponding libraries / folders automatically?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sort photos and videos into corresponding libraries / folders automatically?: i have my windows machine set up as a dnla server to watch videos from my pc on my tv. problem is the photos app imports everything pictures and videos into the pictures app, and none of them show up in the dlna server video and picture library / folder. it looks like when...
  9. Search Indexer Always Resetting

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Indexer Always Resetting: Hi, so I noticed that my Search Indexer keeps resetting and starting from scratch. It gets to a very big number of indexed files a few hours later, then resets back to a low number whenever I check it. I went to the Event Viewer and I found what is crashing it: The search...
  10. Set Explorer to ALWAYS display folder content sorted by "Type"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Explorer to ALWAYS display folder content sorted by "Type"?: How can I set Explorer to ALWAYS display folder content sorted by "Type"? Can that be set regardless of other folder/view options? 76828