Windows 10: Libraries ?

Discus and support Libraries ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have Libraries gone in the latest build ? I seem to remember that they were hidden in earlier ones, but now I can't seem to find them. I don't use them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenC, Feb 5, 2015.

1. kenC Win User

Libraries ?

Have Libraries gone in the latest build ? I seem to remember that they were hidden in earlier ones, but now I can't seem to find them. I don't use them myself - just playing around trying out things and haven't come across them.

:)

kenC, Feb 5, 2015

2. Dysfunctional Libraries: Include in Libraries context-menu, Show in Navigation Pane features not working in Win10/8.1

I’ve been prompted by email to reply as to whether my issue has been resolved.

It hasn’t.

I’m wondering whether there’s some sort of hidden file or something that tells Windows where to look for the Libraries....

Jim Lockhart, Feb 5, 2015
  3. Dysfunctional Libraries: Include in Libraries context-menu, Show in Navigation Pane features not working in Win10/8.1

Thanks for the try,
    Deepak_Krishnan R
    ; unfortunately, neither of these makes any difference. (Please note that I’d already tried your Method 1 several times—it doesn’t work primarily because
    Show libraries doesn’t work.)

What other information can I provide that would help you diagnose the situation?

Regards,

Jim Lockhart, Feb 5, 2015
  4. Libraries ?

Hi
    They're located I believe in folder and search options General I believe ?
    They're redundant with the quick access do-da though.
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Feb 5, 2015
  5. kenC open Control Panel > File Explorer Options > Under the General tab put a check mark in the Show Libraries box (Shown Below)

Libraries ? [​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Feb 5, 2015
  6. kenC Win User
    Thanks to both of you - I'll give it a go tomorrow. It's after 1am here and I'm off to bed.

kenC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Libraries ?

1. Libraries ? - Similar Threads - Libraries

2. Documents folder shows both in and out of OneDrive folder, as well as in a "library"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder shows both in and out of OneDrive folder, as well as in a "library": Why does file explorer show my Documents folder both in OneDrive (where it really exists) and in my home folder (where it does not really exist)? And what is this library thing that also has a redundant way of accessing the Documents folder? In other words, if I go to...
  3. I don't see Libraries in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't see Libraries in File Explorer: I had a local computer shop upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. They did a clean OS install but preserved my user data. Actually, they backed up my user data and then then restored to a new (larger) internal hard drive. Today, I noticed that File explorer does not have an...
  4. windows defender library not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender library not accessible: hello, good day. please, my system was affected by a virus known as floxif according to windows defender. Although i have fixed it now but i can find or access my windows defender library or chest to view quarantined, allowed or detected items/files. The error message that...
  5. I lost one music Playlist from my itunes Library and I need to recover it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost one music Playlist from my itunes Library and I need to recover it: Hi there, I lost one Music Playlist from my itunes Music Library. How do I recover it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-one-music-playlist-from-my-itunes-library/e73f7d9e-37ec-4efb-aec9-c0af82d8c42d
  6. Windows 10 cannot add indexed network share to Library

Windows 10 cannot add indexed network share to Library: Hello All not sure if this is the correct location to post this question. I have added indexed network shares to win 7/8 in the past (same domain) and it worked and allow searching to be done against the servers index that's host the network share. But I cant seem to get it...
  7. Recover music library in media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover music library in media player: I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-music-library-in-media-player/4e9a94c1-e0c8-432d-96a1-bb3ddcae2181
  8. How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library?

How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library?: I've been trying to change the sound of my alarm and timer for a while now. I know how to change it a default Microsoft tone but not to something in my library. I have sounds in my Groove Music and in my files. It would be very much appreciated if anyone could help....
  9. Default Library location

Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  10. Paint 3D Library

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D Library: When I create a 3D object in Paint 3D and upload it to my Remix account, how long does it take to appear in the Paint 3D Library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-library/f7c3a0be-769d-48e1-b8f4-9ce45e689e58