Windows 10: Library folder create new library not working (not available)

Discus and support Library folder create new library not working (not available) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jzehring, Sep 24, 2017.

1. jzehring Win User

Library folder create new library not working (not available)

See this: Create New Library in Windows 10
    Pictures will help understand my problem.

Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me.
    1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty)
    2) ... on ribbon : New Item --- no drop down --- does nothing. In a normal folder, it does drop down with list of types to create.

Note: on the left side if you right click on the "Library" - the same (Empty) for option New is displayed (Like Method 1 above)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume a registry entry or 2.. is missing or damaged.

Thanks.

:)

jzehring, Sep 24, 2017

2. "arrange by" for files other than photos

'Arrange by' is only available in Library folders, not file system folders.

It is available when you right-click on the background of a Library folder.

In File Explorer, click the View tab, then in the drop list under
    Navigation Pane, make sure that Show Libraries is selected.

In addition to the default Libraries created by Windows, you can create custom Libraries by right-clicking in the background of the Libraries folder.

Good Luck,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Sep 24, 2017
  3. "arrange by" for files other than photos

OMG!! You are THE MAN!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Laura

LauraKehler0829, Sep 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  5. jzehring Win User
    dalchina --- that fixed the problems....

Thanks!

jzehring, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Library folder create new library not working (not available) - Similar Threads - Library folder create

2. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer: On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently updated to a desktop, also running Windows 10, and this functionality seems to have been lost. I copied the existing...
  3. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  4. win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder

win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder: I created a new library called jobs. I want to be able to create new folders in the library, for my each of my various jobs. Every time I try to create a new folder it makes it as a subfolder in an existing folder. I used the manage library to relocate folders that were...
  5. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  6. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  7. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  8. New Library

in Windows 10 Support
    New Library: Hello, I am trying to establish a New Library for Win 10 info and shortcuts. I successively create Library, I open it and get dialogue "include folder" I create and include a new folder.My problem is if I then delete folder from original position, it also deletes from...
  9. Creating a library question...

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a library question...: Folks, I'm enjoying customizing my Windows 10 install. However, I have a question... My 500GB SSD C drive is getting full. According to WinDirStat, the biggest folder is "Downloads", at over 100GB. Now, I like having "Downloads" easily accessible and where it is:...
  10. Create New Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Library in Windows 10: How to: Create New Library in Windows 10 How to Create a New Library in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be included in a...