Windows 10: Library folder grows back after delete

Discus and support Library folder grows back after delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some process keeps recreating a "Public Music" folder in it's former location after removal from the library, network shares and deletion from disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenMoore999, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Library folder grows back after delete

Some process keeps recreating a "Public Music" folder in it's former location after removal from the library, network shares and deletion from disk. The folder is empty, but it's in a partition where I really don't want Windows inserting things.

It will not also not allow me to edit the location in the properties window. The field shows up and the cursor selects, but it will not accept input from the keyboard.

I've searched the registry, reset the libraries to default, checked User folders for links, etc., to no avail. I can find no message in the Event Logs.

Does anyone know where the library configurations live? It's driving me crazy.

Help!

Steve

:)

StephenMoore999, Dec 4, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Library folder grows back after delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Library folder grows back after delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Delete folders in Libraries

I am trying to delete a folders under the library of Videos and Documents. These folders do not exist so I try to delete I get an error message.

Location is not available

So it will not let me delete this folder from the library.

Any ideas how to delete or remove these (ghost folders) that don't exist anymore and are still listed in my library.

Thanks.

oneview0505, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Library folder grows back after delete

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Library folder grows back after delete

1. Library folder grows back after delete - Similar Threads - Library folder grows

2. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  3. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  4. Deleted folder keep coming back after restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder keep coming back after restarting: Couldn't find a solution for this problem. Whenever I restart my laptop, a folder I delete keep coming back. Its not in the same path as my OS and I already scanned using Windows Defender and MalwareBytes. I dont think another app is using this folder because I used it to...
  5. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  6. System folder growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder growing: Hello, Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB. Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30 GB.! There were no any updates. Checked which files \ folders modified \ created today, there were no findings. I ran...
  7. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  8. How to delete an empty folder from a library?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete an empty folder from a library?: . The attached screenshot shows an empty Downloads folder in a Win XP-type of folder setup. I accidentally moved this empty folder from my C:\Users folder. The folder is empty because my Downloads are actually on the E partition, as you can see from the screenshot. The...
  9. System folder is "growing"

System folder is "growing": Hello,Have some questions about update / upgrade windows 10, and other items.1. It is recomended ("PSA: Create Backup Reinstall Media for Your Current Version of Windows 10 Before Upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update") to make a backup reinstal media by creating a recovery...
  10. Removing folder from library without deleting it

Removing folder from library without deleting it: One of my folders appears in 2 libraries. If I delete the folder from the wrong library, it gets actually deleted from both libraries AND ALSO FROM MY "DOCUMENTS" and sent to the bin. How can I remove it from that wrong library but not from my Documents nor from my other...