Windows 10: Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu

Discus and support Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu in Cortana to solve the problem; After changing the Windows Display Language library names are translated properly, but the folders were created in a different language and their names... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by pajwoj, Sep 5, 2022.

1. pajwoj Win User

Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu

After changing the Windows Display Language library names are translated properly, but the folders were created in a different language and their names aren't changed, so I suppose that's causing the issue:Installed Windows in Polish -> Changed to English -> Library names have to be searched for in Polish in the Start Menu for them to be foundIs there a way to either:a Safely change the names of library folders in a way that doesn't break anythingb Make Start Menu searching look for the actual library names and not the folder names of libraries?***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Cort

:)

pajwoj, Sep 5, 2022

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 5, 2022
  3. Search on start menu, only searches for localized program names

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can. Before that let me ask few questions so that I can assist you better.

• Have you made any other changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Did you change the keyboard, regional and language settings to Greek?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall one app and check if the issue persists.

Step 1: Follow the steps to uninstall app.

a. Right click the app that you want to uninstall.

b. Click on Uninstall in the task bar.

c. Then click on Uninstall button.

Note: Once you uninstall Messaging apps all these apps will get uninstall automatically Mail, Calendar, People and Messaging once you install any one app in Mail, Calendar, People and Messaging all four will install automatically.

Step 2: Follow the steps to reinstall App

a. Click on Store.

b. Search for the app that you are looking for and click on the app and install it.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 5, 2022
  4. Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu

Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu

1. Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Library names persist

2. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  3. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  4. Windows search ignores folder names in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search ignores folder names in start menu: I know this was lost a while ago but I miss it. A lot of significant data may be in the folder name. Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 18 which contains "profiler". Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 17 which contains also contains a shortcut "profiler". For me, I want to...
  5. start menu language change

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu language change: Hello, I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english. I have managed to get nearly everything switched over but the start menu still has features on korean and so does the welcome screen before i sign into the computer. Just...
  6. Change start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change start menu search: I've just done a clean install of windows from 1809 to 1909 and can't get my start search to look how it did before. 1809 search 1909 search Is this just how search looks now or can I change it? submitted by /u/imshitatpickingnames [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable internet search through the start menu?

How to disable internet search through the start menu?: I have been searching for an answer and all of the previous ones no longer work. I have the BingSearchEnabled registry key set to 0. I have the CortanaConsent registry key set to 0. Despite this, when I attempt to use the search in the taskbar, it now only does a Bing...
  8. Start Menu Language Won't Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Language Won't Change: Hi y'all I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as for getting support online (most guides and tutorials are in English). I changed the display language in the Settings,...
  9. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...