Windows 10: Library volume Licensing Question

Discus and support Library volume Licensing Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a customer that is a public library that wants to license 50 computers of windows 10, and add more next year. I thought they might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CJO374, Apr 16, 2021.

1. CJO374 Win User

Library volume Licensing Question

Hello,

I have a customer that is a public library that wants to license 50 computers of windows 10, and add more next year. I thought they might be able to do an EA agreement, but appears they have to have a minimum of 250 devices or users. What is the best way to do volume licensing for this customer? They only need Windows 10 Pro, and Office 2019. Over the next 3 years they could be adding 100 licenses. The computers they have came with the Windows 10 pro license already for some, but others they were different licenses.

Thanks

:)

CJO374, Apr 16, 2021
  2. jh8z79u5 Win User

Volume Licensing / Divestment question

Hello,

We are currently going through an asset sale and have a question regarding transitioning when the third-party takes ownership.

The following are charactistics of our environment:

• We are a Microsoft volume licensing enterprise enviroment
    • Deploy the volume license distribution of Microsoft desktop OS's and servers's OS
    • Have centralized KMS Server and implement volume MAC keys (for special purposes)
    What we know the third-party company is:

• Are a lot smaller company
    • They do not have an Enterprise Agreement, no any volume licensing
    • No KMS/MAC licenses
    • They deploy OEM/Product licenses within their enviornment, they enter product keys per device deployment is my understanding
    So we need to eventually remove these computers off our domain, and eventually off our network.

some of my concerns are:

• Would they need to reimage their Servers/Desktops to a FPP (Full Packaged Product) or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) distribution copy of the operating system?
    • The goal is to keep some Servers/Desktops operational, but once removed from our Domain and network the KMS count down begins (I believe 180 days)
    • Can a volume license install of an OS be converted/or have the ability to accept FPP/OEM product keys?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

jh8z79u5, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Volume License

There's no windows10 iso items in the list of volume license center, what's wrong?

李兵_STPM, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Library volume Licensing Question

Questions about Volume Licensing Key for Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Since the issue is related to Volume licensing key, I suggest you to contact Volume licensing service center for better assistance by using the below link.

Refer the Contact us section in the below link:

Volume Licensing Service Center

If you have further questions related to this, please let me know.

Thank you.

Sushma Reddy, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Library volume Licensing Question

1. Library volume Licensing Question - Similar Threads - Library volume Licensing

2. VOLUME LICENSE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOLUME LICENSE: I live in Lebanon and purchased my laptop brand new. Recently when trying to upgrade to windows 11 I am receiving error code: 0xC004F074 “we can’t activate windows on this device because we can’t connect to your organisations activation server”.I am not with an organisation,...
  3. VOLUME LICENSE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VOLUME LICENSE: I live in Lebanon and purchased my laptop brand new. Recently when trying to upgrade to windows 11 I am receiving error code: 0xC004F074 “we can’t activate windows on this device because we can’t connect to your organisations activation server”.I am not with an organisation,...
  4. VOLUME LICENSE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. licensing question

licensing question: I am looking at buying an ASUS notebook and it comes with "Windows 10 Pro National Academic " loaded. I am not a student and like the notebook for it's hardware features. Will I still be able to use it as "Windows 10 Pro ? Even if I am not a student ? Thanks...
  6. 3D library models license question

3D library models license question: Hello,I just saw some characters, in the 3D library that I really like, my question is, if I want to make a 3D game, can I use them in it? If yes, can I use them as is, or I would have to change them, if I have to change them, what constitutes a change, a recolor? adding...
  7. Volume Licensing.

Volume Licensing.: Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem recently where it says my Windows License has expired. I have bought a machine with Windows 10 from a store 3 months ago. Presently, I keep on getting the pop up. Now I seeked help in Microsoft's Community Discord and they said to...
  8. License question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License question: I have a failing hard drive so I got a second internal hard drive and am now in the process of cloning the old hard drive to the new hard drive. Then I want to take out the old hard drive and put in either a ssd or hdd whichever my motherboard will accept. (It is a Dell 8300)...
  9. Volume Licensing

Volume Licensing: When I try to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to get my product key for Microsoft Sql server 2019 I get the error code: 1000 Has anyone encountered this? I am putting in my password correctly I think...
  10. Creating a library question...

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a library question...: Folks, I'm enjoying customizing my Windows 10 install. However, I have a question... My 500GB SSD C drive is getting full. According to WinDirStat, the biggest folder is "Downloads", at over 100GB. Now, I like having "Downloads" easily accessible and where it is:...