Windows 10: LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

Discus and support LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Libre Office 4.2.0 Beta 2 is on the street. This open source (free) office suite just keeps going. This is a great office program for those who do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lee, Dec 4, 2013.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

Libre Office 4.2.0 Beta 2 is on the street. This open source (free) office suite just keeps going. This is a great office program for those who do not wish to doe out a large amount of cash for MS office, and it is good for those just starting out in the world of computing.

:)

2. neilpzz Win User

Free Windows 10 upgrade Product key

A web search for MS Office will find the available options. (as already posted) There are free alternatives available, for example:

1. LibreOffice

2. Open Office

neilpzz, Dec 4, 2013
  3. Notepad

I have tried to find an option in LibreOffice, but can't find one. LibreOffice seems to be lacking support.

PhillipCarlton, Dec 4, 2013
  4. Robinb9 Win User

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

I agree, I have put many clients on Libre 4, those who just cannot afford to purchase Office, I have it on 2 of my test machines and for the beginner user it is awesome. the only thing that is not on it is a program Like Outlook. I wish they would consider putting an email program on similar to outlook in the suite. they have all the other programs, like publisher, power point

Robinb9, Dec 25, 2013
  5. Tepid Win User
    I am glad they have a PortableApps version, this makes it easy to test and take with you anywhere.

However, I believe it still can cause document corruption when editing and sending back and forth between MSOffice users.

It's a great alternative for certain people, but should be used with a lot of caution in business environment.

Tepid, Jan 18, 2014
  6. Robinb9 Win User
    I do not trust it for the business user and they can afford to purchase an office suite, here in the usa they can write it off as a tax deduction if nothing else, but for the home user it suites their needs perfectly. Most home users need a simple program to type stuff that do not require mega formulas and this program offers this for free

Robinb9, Jan 21, 2014
  7. Stephanie Win User
    I have just downloaded the PortableApps version and will try it today *Smile

View attachment 676

Stephanie, Feb 25, 2014
  8. LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

That's good. Thanks *Smile

Capt.Jack Sparrow, Feb 27, 2014
  9. Antilope Win User
    LibreOffice is now up to version 4.4.4.3. Works great for me in Windows 10 Pro x64.
    They seem to come out with an updated version quarterly.

For me, who is semi-retired, it's a perfect program suite for home use. I don't need the horsepower of the MS Office suite. LibreOffice is able to read and write MS Office format files. Best of all, it's free.

Here is a tweak (found on a blog site) to speed up LibreOffice, especially if you work with large document or spreadsheet files. This will remove any lag the program seems to have when accessing and editing those large files.

-----

This is a tweak for LibreOffice memory settings.

To access this memory option, from the LibreOffice Menu Bar, Click TOOLS-> OPTIONS-> MEMORY.

Change the default settings in the drop down boxes to those listed below.

Also check the box to allow LibreOffice to load when Windows starts.

==========

Undo
    -Number of Steps - 100

Graphics cache
    -Use for LibreOffice - 200 MB
    -Memory per object - 10.0 MB
    -Remove from Memory after - 00:10 hh:mm

Cache for inserted objects
    -Number of objects - 50

LibreOffice Quickstarter
    (X) Enable systray Quickstarter

==========

Click OK, exit LibreOffice and re-start your computer.

LibreOffice is now optimized to handle larger files. Any lag it had before now goes away.

Antilope, Aug 6, 2015
  10. pyramid10 Win User
    Not to burst your bubble, but 4.4.5 has been official for at least a week. Its portable came out several days after. Furthermore, 5.0.0 is offical this week. Waiting for the portable version.

As for the tweaks, those numbers look like the defaults, which is overkill for smaller-sized files.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

1. LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2 - Similar Threads - LibreOffice Beta

2. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  3. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  4. Libreoffice "can't be downloaded securely"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Libreoffice "can't be downloaded securely": On my father's computer Windows 10, when he tries to download LibreOffice using Edge, he gets the message that the file "can't be downloaded securely." If he tries on Chrome, the download is silently blocked.I have found that Edge at least gives an option to "Keep Anyway",...
  5. to all whose LibreOffice loads up slow

to all whose LibreOffice loads up slow: Hi folks, I just wanted to share my experience with LibreOffice. After clean install of Windows from MCT, I had sometimes troubles running LibreOffice in a normal way. This is happening not for first time. It took 30 to 40 seconds to open a single file. However, the problem...
  6. Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed: Hi, folks, one thing gave me lots of headaches last week. It is about LibreOffice program, which is opening the spread sheet and draw files extremely slow. Task manager says that LO is not responding for a few seconds and then after 20 or even more seconds, the file is...
  7. Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating

Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating: Coming from Linux I have some accounts in a LibreOffice "ods" spreadsheet file that I was using no problem. I installed LO 7 in Windows 10 and it seemed to working ok, but I didn't use it much. There is a macro in the file that I wrote myself and it wouldn't start until I...
  8. Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update: I recently bought a new laptop. On the first day of use, I was able to paste an image from Snip & Sketch into Libreoffice no problems. The only strange behaviour was that Snip & Sketch opened a new window every time I clicked new snip Then there was a small Windows...
  9. Need Help With LibreOffice

Need Help With LibreOffice: Hi all, I was trying LibreOffice and have a problem. I have a file with all my MS Word Docs in it and one with all my MS Excel files. When I open WRITER and tell it to use the Word Docs file it does and when I open CALC and tell it to use the Excel file it does. Here is the...
  10. Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering: My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning. PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now) What happened: all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document...