Windows 10: LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update

Discus and support LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows did something to my machine late this afternoon. Now LiberOffice will not load, Shows okay in the start manager. I do not know how to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikeincousa, Oct 8, 2019.

1. LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update

Windows did something to my machine late this afternoon.

Now LiberOffice will not load,

Shows okay in the start manager.

I do not know how to get the specifications for the latest Windows update, so I cannot provide it.

Guidance please. I use LibreOffice extensively.

Thanks.

:)

mikeincousa, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Antilope Win User

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

LibreOffice is now up to version 4.4.4.3. Works great for me in Windows 10 Pro x64.
    They seem to come out with an updated version quarterly.

For me, who is semi-retired, it's a perfect program suite for home use. I don't need the horsepower of the MS Office suite. LibreOffice is able to read and write MS Office format files. Best of all, it's free.

Here is a tweak (found on a blog site) to speed up LibreOffice, especially if you work with large document or spreadsheet files. This will remove any lag the program seems to have when accessing and editing those large files.

-----

This is a tweak for LibreOffice memory settings.

To access this memory option, from the LibreOffice Menu Bar, Click TOOLS-> OPTIONS-> MEMORY.

Change the default settings in the drop down boxes to those listed below.

Also check the box to allow LibreOffice to load when Windows starts.

==========

Undo
    -Number of Steps - 100

Graphics cache
    -Use for LibreOffice - 200 MB
    -Memory per object - 10.0 MB
    -Remove from Memory after - 00:10 hh:mm

Cache for inserted objects
    -Number of objects - 50

LibreOffice Quickstarter
    (X) Enable systray Quickstarter

==========

Click OK, exit LibreOffice and re-start your computer.

LibreOffice is now optimized to handle larger files. Any lag it had before now goes away.

Antilope, Oct 8, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 8, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update

1. LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update - Similar Threads - LibreOffice loading sort

2. BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..: Short version: Updates wouldn't work( and when they did say they worked it left duplicates in the update history) so I factory reset the computer only to get failed install and get sent to the recovery screen with error 0xc0000225 . [img] I finally realize that there are 2...
  3. Some websites not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some websites not loading: I have a customer that is having an issue with some web pages not loading. Yahoo is one of the pages that isn't working and the page I'm using for testing... Windows Server 2012 r2 domain with Windows 10 clients. This issue is with all of their domain joined PC's using IE,...
  4. Some webpages load twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some webpages load twice: Is there a way to fix pages loading twice I edge, like national geographic for example? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-webpages-load-twice/9eed64ef-675b-490e-9e9d-25d32df125f3
  5. Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop.: Im going to be fast: » After some time of beeing powered on (5-10min) my laptop acts like Im holding down a key. »The problem only disapears after restart. »I have tryed external keyboard didnt work. »Its not a keyboard problem, its software or something else. »I tryed...
  6. SLOW LOADING AFTER UPDATE

SLOW LOADING AFTER UPDATE: After getting Windows 10 updates on October 4 and this am, I have experience slow load times for my bookmark pages...and when searching the web. Is this normal or is there a problem somewhere? Thanks....
  7. LibreOffice unusable after the latest update

LibreOffice unusable after the latest update: After a long bugware free time there ir another faulty update. The system loads incredibly slowly, logging on gives you a few minutes of black screen before you can actually start working and LibreOffice is unusable. Yes and I use that program for work, not for fun, so I...
  8. LibreOffice Anomaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice Anomaly: I have LibreOffice 5.2 installed in My HP Pavilion Desktop where it has been running satisfactorily for some time. I recently installed the program in my HP Pavilion Laptop, the version now is updated to 5.4. With the earlier version I can scan in wirelessly from any of...
  9. Printer not working for some sites after loading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not working for some sites after loading Windows 10: I have an HP 7520 series printer. After loading Windows 10 I can print from some sites (Word, Excel) but not from others. Trying to print a page in USA today puzzles and have tried both from Chrome and Edge. When I try in Chrome the Print page does not say print it only has a...
  10. Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date: I am a photographer and needless to say have thousands of photos on my computer. However, I've noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 that a folder with only 5 jpeg's can take 10 seconds to load (with the green process bar) if I sort by date. Seems to be fine with file name...