Windows 10: LibreOffice unusable after the latest update

Discus and support LibreOffice unusable after the latest update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a long bugware free time there ir another faulty update. The system loads incredibly slowly, logging on gives you a few minutes of black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BaltaisGulbis, Sep 17, 2018.

1. LibreOffice unusable after the latest update

After a long bugware free time there ir another faulty update. The system loads incredibly slowly, logging on gives you a few minutes of black screen before you can actually start working and LibreOffice is unusable. Yes and I use that program for work, not for fun, so I cannot spend an hour typing one line.

The only difference between malware and bugware is that malware can be easily avoided just by not visiting the wrong sites or clicking on everything you see and everyone knows that.

Has anyone noticed the same and are there any solutions?

:)

BaltaisGulbis, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Antilope Win User

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

LibreOffice is now up to version 4.4.4.3. Works great for me in Windows 10 Pro x64.
    They seem to come out with an updated version quarterly.

For me, who is semi-retired, it's a perfect program suite for home use. I don't need the horsepower of the MS Office suite. LibreOffice is able to read and write MS Office format files. Best of all, it's free.

Here is a tweak (found on a blog site) to speed up LibreOffice, especially if you work with large document or spreadsheet files. This will remove any lag the program seems to have when accessing and editing those large files.

-----

This is a tweak for LibreOffice memory settings.

To access this memory option, from the LibreOffice Menu Bar, Click TOOLS-> OPTIONS-> MEMORY.

Change the default settings in the drop down boxes to those listed below.

Also check the box to allow LibreOffice to load when Windows starts.

==========

Undo
    -Number of Steps - 100

Graphics cache
    -Use for LibreOffice - 200 MB
    -Memory per object - 10.0 MB
    -Remove from Memory after - 00:10 hh:mm

Cache for inserted objects
    -Number of objects - 50

LibreOffice Quickstarter
    (X) Enable systray Quickstarter

==========

Click OK, exit LibreOffice and re-start your computer.

LibreOffice is now optimized to handle larger files. Any lag it had before now goes away.

Antilope, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

LibreOffice unusable after the latest update

OpenOffice vs LibreOffice

LibreOffice is the best choice here, iirc development slowed or even stopped on OpenOffice while LibreOffice has been steadily updated for the years I've used it. Libre was/is based off of OpenOffice and makes some adjustments, tweaks a d additions. Overall I find it to be the better of the free MS Office alternatives.

Kursah, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

LibreOffice unusable after the latest update

1. LibreOffice unusable after the latest update - Similar Threads - LibreOffice unusable latest

2. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  3. Latest update makes keyboard and mouse unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update makes keyboard and mouse unusable.: After the latest update to Windows, my keyboard and mouse do not work on the log-in screen and I have no access to my computer. The only thing that worked was a fresh reinstall, but it updated again and the same problem arose. What is causing this and how am I supposed to...
  4. Latest update has made laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has made laptop unusable: Just done the latest update on my laptop and it’s made it so slow. The internet crashes after 2 minutes of being on it, the icons won’t load on the desktop, the settings won’t even load so I can’t do anything about it. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by...
  5. Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update: I recently bought a new laptop. On the first day of use, I was able to paste an image from Snip & Sketch into Libreoffice no problems. The only strange behaviour was that Snip & Sketch opened a new window every time I clicked new snip Then there was a small Windows...
  6. Unusable blank desktop after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusable blank desktop after update.: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows installation; since the last update, yesterday, my computer boots up to a blank, unusable desktop. Nothing works except the mouse (I can move it and that's it). My Desktop shortcuts are not there and the only way to fix it is...
  7. After the latest 1909 update my PC mouse is unusable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the latest 1909 update my PC mouse is unusable.: I did a clean install to get 1909 too. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? submitted by /u/freedom2244 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoz587/after_the_latest_1909_update_my_pc_mouse_is/
  8. LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update: Windows did something to my machine late this afternoon. Now LiberOffice will not load, Shows okay in the start manager. I do not know how to get the specifications for the latest Windows update, so I cannot provide it. Guidance please. I use LibreOffice extensively....
  9. Windows 10 is unusable after Update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is unusable after Update 1803: I have tried multiple times to try to get this update to install properly, and every time it fails. The update appears to go OK, until I get to the point where I have to login again. At which point, Windows 10 is unusable, the desktop has reset itself, and I cannot even...
  10. LibreOffice Anomaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice Anomaly: I have LibreOffice 5.2 installed in My HP Pavilion Desktop where it has been running satisfactorily for some time. I recently installed the program in my HP Pavilion Laptop, the version now is updated to 5.4. With the earlier version I can scan in wirelessly from any of...