Windows 10: libusb-win32 devices over Remote Desktop

Discus and support libusb-win32 devices over Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What I'm trying to do is use Windows Remote Desktop to connect my laptop to my desktop. I've been successful in making this connection and getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bisaccharides, Sep 16, 2020.

1. libusb-win32 devices over Remote Desktop

What I'm trying to do is use Windows Remote Desktop to connect my laptop to my desktop. I've been successful in making this connection and getting devices like USB flash drives to connect between the two using RemoteFX passthrough, but for some reason, this isn't working with a libusb-win32 device that is connected to the USB on my laptop (client) to connect through Remote Desktop to my desktop (host).

This device is an ANT+ USB stick, if that's important information? I'm basically trying to use my desktop to run a cycling app and connect to it with my laptop. The desktop is on a different floor of my house than my cycling equipment. Yes, the connection is stable enough to support the remote desktop, I've tested this already.

When I initialize the Remote Desktop connection and pull up Local Resouces, it gives me the option to connect "Other supported RemoteFX USB devices" and even has the ANT+ stick listed there. I've made sure this box is checked, but it's still not working.

Do libusb-win32 devices not work with Remote Desktop for some reason? If so, is there any sort of software workaround for this by chance?

Thanks so much for your help! Sorry if this isn't the right subreddit for this, I wasn't sure where else to go... I've tried to reach out to some cycling communities in hopes other people had gone through this but didn't yield any results.

submitted by /u/bisaccharides
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bisaccharides, Sep 16, 2020
  2. kebabs Win User

System hosed by libusb Win32 Filter driver

Right stupidly I ran libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe on Vista without running it in compatibility mode and now none of my USB devices function.

I've tried uninstalling but to no avail. I have to use safemode to get in or my system just crashes moments after me logging into Vista. I can't do a system restore as I turned that off and I'm starting to lose all hope in being able to fix my problem.

Please help guys!
    Keb

PS, If you need more info please say!!!!

kebabs, Sep 16, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 16, 2020
  4. libusb-win32 devices over Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

libusb-win32 devices over Remote Desktop

1. libusb-win32 devices over Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - libusb win32 devices

2. use HID devices over remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use HID devices over remote desktop: I want to use a secondary PC to handle USB devices especialy HID so my main PC doesn`t have to.I use the second PC via remote desktop but when i do, the devices disconnect.I found this threat with a similar topic but this will only fix the Problem for storage...
  3. use HID devices over remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use HID devices over remote desktop: I want to use a secondary PC to handle USB devices especialy HID so my main PC doesn`t have to.I use the second PC via remote desktop but when i do, the devices disconnect.I found this threat with a similar topic but this will only fix the Problem for storage...
  4. use HID devices over remote desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remote Desktop very slow over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop very slow over LAN: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 many years back, I started noticing that RDP performance was worse than in Windows 7 and 8.1. Currently -- after upgrading to Windows 11 -- RDP sessions created over a 1 Gbps wired LAN are even slower to the point that I often see image...
  6. Remote desktop and audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop and audio devices: Hi,Does anyone know of a way to determine which of the client PC's audio devices become the 'remote audio' devices for the host PC/VM in a remote desktop session? It seems always to use the client's default mic & speakers, regardless of what I try to change that.I've tried...
  7. Remote desktop and audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop and audio devices: Hi,Does anyone know of a way to determine which of the client PC's audio devices become the 'remote audio' devices for the host PC/VM in a remote desktop session? It seems always to use the client's default mic & speakers, regardless of what I try to change that.I've tried...
  8. Remote desktop and audio devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Canon 5D MkIII - will not connect - libusb-win32 "Device not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon 5D MkIII - will not connect - libusb-win32 "Device not Migrated": Hi!I have a Canon 5D MkIII trying to connect to a Windows PC running Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1151. The system running an Intel i7-9700K CPU with 64 MB Ram. When I try to connect my camera to my computer, I hear the USB connection sound and the device shows...
  10. Hardware Acceleration Over Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardware Acceleration Over Remote Desktop: I'm trying to connect to a computer that has an NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 3D graphics card over Microsoft Remote Desktop. When I do, the graphics card on the remote computer does not get activated. Any idea on how to solve this issue?...