Windows 10: Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025

Discus and support Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Gurus, i upgraded my PC with new Mainboard, new Graphic Card, new memory and new CPU. Only Harddisc, SSD, PSU and Chassis are still from the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ulrich Littmann, May 20, 2020.

1. Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025

Hi Gurus,

i upgraded my PC with new Mainboard, new Graphic Card, new memory and new CPU. Only Harddisc, SSD, PSU and Chassis are still from the old system.

The Harddisc is indeed the original disc that migrated from W7 to W10. My W10 Upgrades failed since 1903 see here.

Now Windows informed me via pop up note that i shall go for setting / activation.

What i find is this:

Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025 3790bd19-5bcc-4d8c-85ff-f311a2e68b4f?upload=true.jpg

Troubleshoot advised to buy a new license in the store.

I scanned the license as it's now on the new system and get this:

Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025 4ae095ac-fa88-4a57-ac51-f75874d69dd5?upload=true.jpg

I had today a desperate and long walk through Microsoft account settings, linking my user account to the Microsoft account, found activation for free upgrade from Professional W7 to W10 and ended up with the information that all Microsoft servers shall be busy.

Please, please let me know that i somehow can continue with my Windows 10 on my new hardware.

Many thanks in advance,

Ulrich Littmann

:)

Ulrich Littmann, May 20, 2020

2. Dual boot W7 and W10 activation

I have been running a W7 Pro OS for some years now. I have three hard drives installed.

I created a seperate 25GB partition (H) on one of the spare hard drives that was not the C drive.

I installed W10 from a downloaded "setup" app from MS.

On turning on the PC I get the choice of what OS to run, W7 or W10.

W7 runs just as it used to.

W10 loads and opens as I would expect, but is apparently not activated. It will not accept the W7 Key, and I don't know how to obtain the W10 activation Key. I had assumed that as W7 is activated and associated with the same mother board, that would allow
    me to use W10 fully activated as well. Can I activate W10 or must I puschase an activation key for W10 Pro, which seems to go against the MS offer of a free OS upgrade to holders of W7/8 licences.

Thanks for your help,

Regards

David D

DavidDownes, May 20, 2020
  3. k1515 Win User
    Windows 10 Activation Error Code: 0xC004F025

So I'm having issues with activating Windows 10 at the moment. I had it running on my old rig but recently built a new one. I bought Windows 10 Home back in 2018.
    Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025 [​IMG]

At least it should be the Home version. However right now it's showing as Windows 10 Enterprise. I don't know if that's the same thing and honestly not sure if that's what it was before.
    Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025 [​IMG]

I tried troubleshooting but that didn't seem to help.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
    Thanks

k1515, May 20, 2020
  4. Teevee13 Win User

Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025

Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard

sorry but no helpful or new information in your reply

as I wrote before

I have windows 10 version 1803 with digital licence through free upgrade from win 7

I replaced a broken motherboard with an identical new model

can't activate - error code 0xC004F025

went step by step through all activation/troubleshoot options -

after a few trys [server not available] it finally logged in my account, showed my device,but failed to re-activate.

I went to my MS account and found two devices with identical names, one being assumedly the old MB.

On advice from another microsoft advisor, I removed both devices.

Now I can not find a way to add a new device and using troubleshoot/changed hardware option from my system, error message comes up ' cannot find a device'

no activation of course.

I don't understand the problem

please advice

thank you

Teevee13, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025

1. Licence Activation of Free Upgrade from W7 to W10 on new Hardware - Error 0xC004F025 - Similar Threads - Licence Activation Free

2. Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?: I see the last posts in the upgrade forum were in 2020. Is the upgrade still available? Thanks 175774
  3. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  4. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  5. Error 0xC004F025 after hardware change, cant activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0xC004F025 after hardware change, cant activate windows.: As the title stated, i cant activate my windows. i tried the troubleshooter but it didnt help, what should i do? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xc004f025-after-hardware-change-cant/5c389815-2127-4b6f-beb1-72b426d3eab1"
  6. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  7. windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade

windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade: I've had this digital license of windows for about 7 years, upgrading from W7 to W10 from the free upgrade month, as the license came with the tower when I purchased it (hence why it's a retail channel). As this tower was down for almost a year it had to preform several...
  8. Windows activation after hardware change error code 0XC004F025

Windows activation after hardware change error code 0XC004F025: I built a new PC and put my HDD from my previous computer in which contained my copy of Windows 10 Home. Here's the info from slmgr.vbs /dlv [ATTACH] I've tried running the troubleshooter in the activation section in Settings but once I click on the option "I have...
  9. W7 -> W10 + hardware changout

W7 -> W10 + hardware changout: I build my PC about 5 years ago, my first build. I've been thinking of upgrading my MB, processor and RAM and think now is a good time to do it before I activate my W10 upgrade. I bought Window 7 retail originally, not OEM. I have the box and have verified it as retail...
  10. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...