Windows 10: licence key

Discus and support licence key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently got my motherboard upgraded for my son for gaming and the technician reinstalled windows 10 but now asking for licence key again??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinByrne4, Dec 23, 2018.

1. licence key

Hi there, I recently got my motherboard upgraded for my son for gaming and the technician reinstalled windows 10 but now asking for licence key again?? I done as much reading as I can and turns out hes installed pro instead of home (which I still have key for) I have tried windows creation tool to revert back but fails everytime is there anything I can do?? can I trade my old licence for new one or is there another way to roll back??

:)

KevinByrne4, Dec 23, 2018
  2. kps-uk Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Webbo Win User
    scarface licence key expired?

Hi everyone
    my m8 bought scarface the other day,brand new all legite,he installs the game he's on dx9c which the game is and he clicks his desktop icon and it says licence key expired please contact software vendor....blah blah.He has no internet connection for any available update to fix this so i said i'd try and dl it and put it on disc if that was whats needed.Anybody got any info on this.

thanx Webbo

Webbo, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Elli2u Win User

licence key

Licence Key

I bought this laptop from a shop with Windows 10 already entered plus the Licence Key I was not informed that I would have to renew it and I have never had to renew a licence key on any of my past laptops. Where do I find the licence key number as the seller
    has gone out of business and has left me no information about the installation he used or a key No.

It is a Microsoft Windows 10, Home 64 bit and I have the product Number and an activation Number. If any one can help would be much obliged.

Elli2u, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

licence key

1. licence key - Similar Threads - licence key

2. Show Defferent Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show Defferent Windows licence key: hope you're doing well. I wanted to bring to your attention an issue I encountered with the retail key I purchased from Microsoft. I successfully activated the license key by entering it, but when I checked the key using the software on my computer, it showed a different key...
  3. Show Defferent Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show Defferent Windows licence key: hope you're doing well. I wanted to bring to your attention an issue I encountered with the retail key I purchased from Microsoft. I successfully activated the license key by entering it, but when I checked the key using the software on my computer, it showed a different key...
  4. Show Defferent Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How can i register my Windows licence key in the BIOS, so it won't be asked every time i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i register my Windows licence key in the BIOS, so it won't be asked every time i...: I've an AIO from Dell and it's never required to digit the Windows 11 licence key.How can i do the same with a non AIO PC i made by myself?I'm tired to always digit the licence key of my Windows in order to activate it. I want it to be automatic.Is it possible? How?...
  6. How can i register my Windows licence key in the BIOS, so it won't be asked every time i...

How can i register my Windows licence key in the BIOS, so it won't be asked every time i...: I've an AIO from Dell and it's never required to digit the Windows 11 licence key.How can i do the same with a non AIO PC i made by myself?I'm tired to always digit the licence key of my Windows in order to activate it. I want it to be automatic.Is it possible? How?...
  7. Where to find Windows 11 Pro Licence Key after upgrading to Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find Windows 11 Pro Licence Key after upgrading to Pro from Home: I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from Windows Home, received email for the order purchase but there is no key in the email. Where do I find the licence key for Windows 11 Pro?...
  8. Where to find Windows 11 Pro Licence Key after upgrading to Pro from Home

Where to find Windows 11 Pro Licence Key after upgrading to Pro from Home: I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from Windows Home, received email for the order purchase but there is no key in the email. Where do I find the licence key for Windows 11 Pro?...
  9. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  10. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where to put my licence key for a one time fix