Windows 10: licence transfer

Discus and support licence transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can i transfer my win 10 digital licence to a new self-build pc... how can i check if i can do that with my current licence? ive ordered a a new mobo,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by benedict culminator, Apr 7, 2020.

1. licence transfer

Can i transfer my win 10 digital licence to a new self-build pc... how can i check if i can do that with my current licence?

ive ordered a a new mobo, processor, ram, gfx, Hdd, SSD

:)

benedict culminator, Apr 7, 2020

2. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer

Hi,

I have retail Windows 10 Pro digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I want to transfer that licence to new laptop. What are the steps? Do I need to deactivate licence (and how) at first laptop and then install windows to other laptop and link
    somehow that licence to that laptop?

Thanks in advance

JovicaPantic, Apr 7, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

licence transfer

Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Depends on the licence you have. How did you get your Windows 10 licence, was it via the free upgrade and was the previous system installed by the manufacturer = OEM.

OEM licences cannot be transferred, generally but recent posts suggest MS is allowing some transfers.

Retail boxed licence can be transferred to a new device.

New motherboard = new device.

neilpzz, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

licence transfer

1. licence transfer - Similar Threads - licence transfer

2. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  3. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  4. Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?: I will soon upgrade my computer and not continue using my old one. Can you tell me what I need to do to continue using my Microsoft 365 family?...
  5. Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?

Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?: I will soon upgrade my computer and not continue using my old one. Can you tell me what I need to do to continue using my Microsoft 365 family?...
  6. Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?: Hi,I am trying to transfer a purchased licenced software from an old Win11 Pro machine to a new Win 11 Pro one.My problem is that I purchased the software in 2008, and have moved it several times in the interim, latterly 2022.The original suppliers bluelakestechnology.com,...
  7. Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?

Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?: Hi,I am trying to transfer a purchased licenced software from an old Win11 Pro machine to a new Win 11 Pro one.My problem is that I purchased the software in 2008, and have moved it several times in the interim, latterly 2022.The original suppliers bluelakestechnology.com,...
  8. Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.: Hello,I have a first computer i bought, that came with a windows digital licence.I upgraded it from windows 10 to windows 11 and it's a pro licence, so i have windows 11 pro.The licence is : "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account".Now i...
  9. Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.

Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.: Hello,I have a first computer i bought, that came with a windows digital licence.I upgraded it from windows 10 to windows 11 and it's a pro licence, so i have windows 11 pro.The licence is : "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account".Now i...
  10. Possible to transfer over Windows 11 Pro licence from dead laptop to new laptop?

Possible to transfer over Windows 11 Pro licence from dead laptop to new laptop?: My old laptop which was running Windows 11 Home originally out of the box, which then I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro through the $99 Microsoft Store upgrade has died and will not turn on again. I am getting a new laptop with Windows 11 Home on it, but I still want a Windows 11...