Windows 10: License activation issue after hardware change.

Discus and support License activation issue after hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My lenovo desktop has crashed and repair facility is not available on site. We have delivered the alternate machines with same make Different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rajat Srivastava INDIA -, Jul 28, 2020.

1. License activation issue after hardware change.

Hi,

My lenovo desktop has crashed and repair facility is not available on site. We have delivered the alternate machines with same make Different Model but the license is not available. We have other lenovo machines running on same site. Can we retrieve and use these license on new lenovo machines. In other ways, how many activation can be done using a single key?

Need an expert advice on urgent.

Regards,

Rajat

:)

Rajat Srivastava INDIA -, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Unable to activate Windows after hardware change.

Unfortunately, the Activation troubleshooter didn't work. I already had a look into that page but it didn't fix my issue.

EasternGamer, Jul 28, 2020
  4. JT1969C10 Win User

License activation issue after hardware change.

Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

License activation issue after hardware change.

1. License activation issue after hardware change. - Similar Threads - License activation issue

2. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  3. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  4. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows License activation after hardware change

Windows License activation after hardware change: Hi there,After a hardware change on my computer processor + MOB I am not able to activate my Windows license.I've used the "Troubleshoot" button in the Setting/Activation area and clicked on "I recently changed hardware on this device" but the answer is "Unable to activate...
  6. Windows activation issue after hardware change.

Windows activation issue after hardware change.: Somebody please respond to my live chat support request. I am trying to get my issue sorted but no response from your end. Just stuck saying your current position in line : 1...
  7. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  8. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  9. Windows Activation Issues After Hardware Change

Windows Activation Issues After Hardware Change: My motherboard broke down and I had to replace it. Unfortunately this meant my Windows 10 would fail activation. But as the hardware change was not anticipated, I wasn't able to prepare Windows for the activation. I need help re-activating Windows with my old product key....
  10. Issues with Windows Activation After Changing Hardware

Issues with Windows Activation After Changing Hardware: Recently I got a new motherboard for my PC and replaced the old one without any issues. Shortly after I booted up my computer with the new motherboard, I got the message requesting me to activate Windows through settings because the Windows license wasn't transferred to the...