Windows 10: License after reinstall

Discus and support License after reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, We need advise in the following situation: We had a set up of domain, AD and local DC. Now we are in the middle of transfer to AAD and Intune. One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EkaterinaTsareva2, Apr 29, 2022.

1. License after reinstall

Hi, We need advise in the following situation: We had a set up of domain, AD and local DC. Now we are in the middle of transfer to AAD and Intune. One of our users has a laptop that is still a part of this domain with local DC. We want to reinstall Windows with USB-drive according to this article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420dBut now the license of Windows 10 is digital and as I understand it's linked to the user's account. But this account is managed by the local DC also. How can

:)

EkaterinaTsareva2, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Andrew Li Win User

How to reinstall and reactivate Windows 10 with an OEM license

Before you continue, I suggest you remove the bloatware by the Control Panel and uninstalling the junk. That is faster and easier, with less potential for problems, but the steps for reinstallation are as follows:

Before you do anything, backup valuable data, if any, on some form of media (i.e. USB) so you can move it onto the reinstalled Windows.

1. Download the appropriate ISO file from Microsoft and burn it to a CD or use it with a bootable USB.
    2. (Optional if you have no internet) Download all the appropriate drivers for your machine and save them on media for later access.
    3. Locate the product key on your machine. It is usually under the laptop on a sticker, and if not, use special software to locate it. This will be used during the reinstallation. Note that PCs sometimes auto-activate if it is in the BIOS so this step is not needed if this is case.
    4. Boot from the bootable media (disc or USB). Continue as usual through the installation, and when the partitions screen comes up, format the current Windows partition and install in there. (The Recovery partition can be deleted, but I recommend keeping it so if anything goes wrong you can restore to factory settings). If the key doesn't work you may need to contact Microsoft and activate over phone.
    5. After installation, install the drivers and run Windows Update and you're done.

Andrew Li, Apr 29, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond License after reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 29, 2022
  4. License after reinstall

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

License after reinstall

1. License after reinstall - Similar Threads - License reinstall

2. purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...: purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key and invoice is unavailable to see key - how do I get the key to reinstall on new hard drive....
  3. purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...: purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key and invoice is unavailable to see key - how do I get the key to reinstall on new hard drive....
  4. How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...: I need to reinstall my licensed windows 11pro. Where is the download site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-and-reinstall-my-licensed/5e2d8f1e-7aff-4394-ab6a-4245dd2cd20d
  5. How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...

How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...: I need to reinstall my licensed windows 11pro. Where is the download site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-and-reinstall-my-licensed/5e2d8f1e-7aff-4394-ab6a-4245dd2cd20d
  6. Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...: Hi,I have a question regarding reinstalling and reactivating Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard license on another computer.I purchased more than 100 Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard licenses and installed them on computers in the...
  7. Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...: Hi,I have a question regarding reinstalling and reactivating Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard license on another computer.I purchased more than 100 Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard licenses and installed them on computers in the...
  8. Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...

9. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...
  10. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...