Windows 10: License downgrade

Discus and support License downgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Please previously i use win10 pro, few week ago on the sceen show license will expired soon. my mistkae i ommited that , and now my win ask product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrreasAndrreas, Apr 12, 2020.

1. License downgrade

Please

previously i use win10 pro, few week ago on the sceen show license will expired soon.

my mistkae i ommited that , and now my win ask product key again to activaed...but when i use the original licese is not working and ask to install win 10 home single laguange instead for the license.

please let me know is there any mistake or other thing,becuse i dont understand too much .

thank you for your help

:)

AndrreasAndrreas, Apr 12, 2020

2. Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 to windows 7 downgrade

No; it isn't possible the way you want to do it.

Downgrade Rights from 10 Pro to 7 Pro has to follow a certain path, with the first part being how you purchase Windows 10
    Pro.

You would have to buy 10 Pro preinstalled and make arrangements with the OEM manufacturer for a downgrade to 7 Pro.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

License downgrade

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro  

Hey Peter, License  downgrade :)

As long as you have a W10 Pro license linked to your MSA for that PC, you would be able to use the generic key under step 1 to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro, then let it automatically activate Pro with your digital license.

Brink, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

License downgrade

1. License downgrade - Similar Threads - License downgrade

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. Will i loss my windows license if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10 after 10 days?

Will i loss my windows license if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10 after 10 days?: currently, I have activated pre installed windows 11,I just wanna know if, I loss my windows license key if, I try to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 from microsoft official site after the recovery option turned gray....
  5. Will i loss my windows license if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10 after 10 days?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i loss my windows license if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10 after 10 days?: currently, I have activated pre installed windows 11,I just wanna know if, I loss my windows license key if, I try to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 from microsoft official site after the recovery option turned gray....
  6. downgrading windows 10 pro to home to use my old license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading windows 10 pro to home to use my old license: I have tried using the registry method but powershell says that it cannot find the registries that it needs i did it manually but the setup still said Pro so i need help. The activate windows watermark is really buggy and it hides important stuff in games so i need to...
  7. downgrading windows 10 pro to home to use my old license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading windows 10 pro to home to use my old license: I have tried using the registry method but powershell says that it cannot find the registries that it needs i did it manually but the setup still said Pro so i need help. The activate windows watermark is really buggy and it hides important stuff in games so i need to...
  8. downgrading windows 10 pro to home to use my old license

9. ESD LICENSE DOWNGRADE RIGHTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD LICENSE DOWNGRADE RIGHTS: Hi,Do Windows 11 ESD licenses like FQC-10572 have downgrade rights to Windows 10? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-license-downgrade-rights/9d7545d5-5bcd-4df0-b2da-25e39e026625
  10. ESD LICENSE DOWNGRADE RIGHTS

ESD LICENSE DOWNGRADE RIGHTS: Hi,Do Windows 11 ESD licenses like FQC-10572 have downgrade rights to Windows 10? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-license-downgrade-rights/9d7545d5-5bcd-4df0-b2da-25e39e026625