Windows 10: License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy

Discus and support License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good afternoon. Why would my License for Windows 10 Home say Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy? Shouldn't it be a Product Key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MelodyStone, Feb 17, 2020.

1. License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy

Good afternoon.

Why would my License for Windows 10 Home say Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy? Shouldn't it be a Product Key?

Thanks,

:)

MelodyStone, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 17, 2020
  4. License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy

Circumvent a digital license?

We bought a Dell Inspiron that shipped with Windows 10 Home installed and a digital license. I am trying to get Windows 10 Pro on it so I can join our domain. I've tried entering our legitimate Pro key, and I'm told it isn't valid. Anytime I try a clean install, it, as expected, skips the OS choice and goes right to Home. I have no option to pick.

I'm also struggling to find a Windows 10 Pro (only Pro) .iso.

So, any suggestions on how to get around this? I'd love to wipe the digital license clean, but I believe that's stored on the motherboard.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy

1. License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy - Similar Threads - License Home says

2. Windows 10 Home digital license.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Home digital license.: Could you please help me to buy Windows 10 Home digital license? I live in Honduras. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-digital-license/f0ed8ecd-53d5-4e16-8a12-d5b80339f077
  3. Windows 10 home activation with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home activation with digital license: I had a genuine windows 7 which was migrated to windows 10 home automatically and linked with Microsoft with digital license. RAM was 2 GB. But recently I had made a change of RAM to 6GB, and inserted 120 GB SSD on CD rom drive by a service centre. The service centre told me...
  4. Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/linnadawg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mntku1/bought_a_used_laptop_on_ebay_its_saying_i_have_a/
  5. Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license

Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license: Can I uninstall windows from my laptop which came with pre installed windows 10 home? I want to install windows again but after some time. Is it possible to do so?...
  6. windows 10 home digital license

windows 10 home digital license: Is a window s 10 home digital license valid for a life time, just like the product key, 2019 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-digital-license/67d77557-d403-4c1e-a10d-ccfa26185189"
  7. Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro

Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro: I've been a member since February 2016, but haven't had a lot to say. I have learned a lot by reading, and I wish to thank all of you for the knowledge. Today I have a problem... I purchased a $99 upgrade from Microsoft for Win 10 Pro, a few days ago. The upgrade went fine....
  8. Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro: I've been a member since February 2016, but haven't had a lot to say. I have learned a lot by reading, and I wish to thank all of you for the knowledge. Today I have a problem... I purchased a $99 upgrade from Microsoft for Win 10 Pro, a few days ago. The upgrade went fine....
  9. Digital license for Windows 10 Home but the computer is running Windows 10 Pro

Digital license for Windows 10 Home but the computer is running Windows 10 Pro: Windows activation troubleshooter tells me We have found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home. I have followed the instructions given in windows forums to...
  10. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.: So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7. However, im aware that i now have a digital license, so everytime im trying to change my Product key to my newly bought Windows 10 pro...